Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whats going wrong...

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Squeeze the trigger. Sounds simple but easy to not do. Don't let go until you are back on target. Don't hold your breath. Also take the bipod off and try off a bag. My mate shoots tiny groups off a bag of grass seed, but anything will do.
    Nzgunner likes this.

Banned
    I agree with Kiwijames first thing id look at if it was me would be myself!.In small bore its all about breathing and let the rifle sit on the target dont push it to it, shit like that.Good luck(supressed 243?) poacherjust kidding.

did your mate fire more than one group without flyers? need more than one to be conclusive. I would be checking to see that the action is sitting on the recoil lug properly, its easy to have it riding on the edge of the lug

is there any reason why someone pulls left rather than right

not being focused causes me to shoot left. I am a left handed shooter.
    first shot through the 308 Saturday went left, focused, steadied, did what I was supposed to and put the projectile in the right place.

First thing i will do is give it a good scrub out and try again with a beter back support,differant day,differant mood

The folk on here are giving good support, good advice. Ur onto it, wont be long and its sorted.

Trigger control plays a huge part. Make sure you are prepping the trigger, breath out and squeeze. It should be a surprise break. Like I said in another thread try shooting some groups without wrapping your strong hand thumb around the stock. Everyone is different, but it's worth a try.

Yes thanks for all the replys, plenty to think about and eliminate, will keep you posted
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

you may be relaxed on the first shot and tightening up on the subsequent ones.

could also be that the bipod or support device is bedding in on the first shot, but this wouldn't be that consistent

the first thing Id do is start with a 5 shot group if 4 of them are in tight and one is off to the left its the nut behind the but that is the issue

Id also try thinking about every part of your body and how it affects the shot you are about to take, have a check list like feet pushing forward, body behind rifle in a straight line thru the lenght of the rifle, hands gripping with a hand shake firmness breath in the same point at trigger break each time, right side slightly raised to negate heart beat on ground if prone, cheek resting with the same pressure on stock