Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: 250,000 licence holderds

Does anyone know what ACT's firearms policy actually is? I can't see anything specific on their website (on my phone) so until we know the details I wouldn't hang my hat on them.

Also the same goes for the Outdoors Party for that matter the last time I looked...

Macca

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maccanz View Post
    Does anyone know what ACT's firearms policy actually is? I can't see anything specific on their website (on my phone) so until we know the details I wouldn't hang my hat on them.

Also the same goes for the Outdoors Party for that matter the last time I looked...

Macca

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Most likely just like "whinney"s being "what ever I think up on the day that makes people vote for me
    outlander likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome Accuracy.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Accuracy View Post
    Hi all,
    I have recently joined this forum with the recently signaled political agendas as the motivator.
    Firearms (read "weapons" in the media) owners are obviously under attack and as a group we appear to be largely powerless against the advancing threat to our chosen recreation.
    The 250,000 (a figure regularly repeated) licence holders do not have a great deal of political leverage.
    However we all have partners and/or other family members and if they acquired firearms licences that could boost the total licence holders to say 500,000.
    That becomes a compelling number and subject to voter turn out at the next election would be more than enough to gain representative seats in Parliament should a NZ Shooter Party be formed or certainly get the attention of the main parties.
    To that end my wife has started the process of obtaining her firearms licence. On its own it is not a remarkable initiative but if enough were motivated to make the commitment ....? There are also a number of other benefits having additional firearm licence holders at an address.
    Alternatively do nothing and watch the erosion of our shooting privileges.
    Its also past time for licence holders and the associated shooting organisations to be represented via a single overarching entity.
    To date I may have missed it but I have not seen any push back from the existing organisations, divided we fall.

As I am new I have not read many forum submissions so if there is a post with a similar message I apologise in advance
    Regards
    Accuracy
    There are more reasons for Spouses or family members to get licenses than what you mentioned. My wife will be applying for her license soon. The main reason for us is that if anything was to happen to me, they wont be removed from the premises while everything is dealt with. For example if I was to pass on, there is all my gear that she will have to deal with immediately and we don't want that becoming part of the "Seized" statistics. If she has her license, she can simply lock the safe and deal with it later when everything else is sorted and when she is ready. It also means if I need her to pick up some ammo or something she will be able to. And it will be something we can do together.
    EeeBees likes this.