Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Greetings from British Columbia

Greetings from British Columbia

Since I have been reading some former posts on your site and, since I think NZ is a beautiful place I hope to visit some day, I decided to join. I am retired now after many years of ranching and guide-outfitting. My life has alway revolved around hunting, fishing, trapping and shooting. Hope to continue reading some interesting posts on this forum and contribute when appropriate.
    199p, stingray, zimmer and 10 others like this.

Welcome aboard. Plenty of like minded people hang out here

Caretaker
    Welcome aboard, feel free to post some pictures as we all appreciate hunting/landscape pictures from other places
    ANTSMAN likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Welcome, been dreaming to get to BC sometime.

Hi there BC is beautiful too, welcome

Welcome, hope we see you down-under sometime. Meanwhile feel free to share some photos or yarns from BC. You have some impressive landscapes & animals.

Welcome. I have a good friend over there from NZ right now. Himself and a mate are doing the remote lodge fishing thing, with a camera person along to make sure that we get to know what we are missing.
    He keeps sending me pics of the awsome crabs and prawns...drool
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Howdy Makwa
    What part of BC?
    Hopefully I'll get up there to tag along on a moose hunt at the end of the season this year.
    Regarding NZ being a beautiful place, it is. But everything NZ has, Canada has it too. But in Canada it's bigger and it's better.
    Overkill is still dead.

Thanks for the welcomes. I live in NW BC. It is indeed beautiful here, which is probably why I find NZ appealing, as you folks live in a beautiful part of the world as well.

Pengy...we live about a 6 hour drive from the coast and the wife and I, along with some friends from the EU, are heading for the salt water the end of August. Should be good fishing then for Coho salmon, and we will do our best to get some ling cod and halibut to get us through the winter.

Where we live we have excellent fishing for rainbow trout, lake trout, whitefish and burbot (freshwater ling).

Anyways, I do hope to get down there to do the tourist thing, and hopefully go on a hunt if I can swing it. Like to get a tahr, but not sure the old carcass is up to it any longer. All the mountain hunts and heavy packs over the years have taken their toll.
    7mmwsm, Pengy, Shearer and 2 others like this.

Welcome and enjoy.
    I am sure a Tahr will be within reach for you. Not all Tahr country mountaineering. There are some quite accessible areas on the east coast. Especially if you enjoy a helicopter ride.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Welcome. Great to have you aboard. Lived in Canada a few years and still believe my moose hunt there was the most memorable I have had. We flew in from Lake Muncho and spike camped on horseback for 12 days. A dream come true.
    Still have a Black Bear hunt on the list.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome aboard

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

I'll look into that Shearer. Appreciate the info.

Southcity I have hunted and guided up in that Muncho Lake country a fair amount in the past. Beautiful area. I killed my Stone ram west of Muncho up in the headwaters of the Gataga River. I also love moose hunting. Wife and I both grew up on moose meat, so it is always high on our list every year when planning the fall hunting.

Black bear are no problem. Was out a couple nights ago looking for a big boar and we saw half a dozen in a couple hours. Lots of bears. I am rather picky now after almost 55 years of black bear hunting. Has to be a bruiser. My two best spring boars weighed 462 and 511 pounds.
    Billbob likes this.

I worked out of Muncho Lake around 2007.

Very pretty country side.

Welcome Makwa.