Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to All

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

Hello to All

Gidday Guys & Gals

Have just joined your forum. I am an aging hunter (sixty next birthday) but still get out there crawling up the hills with my foofoo valve fifty yards behind me. I farm red deer and am fortunate enough to have fallow over my back fenceline. I mostly hunt down the back of Minginui where the deer have a better chance of getting away with their skin in tact.

sturg4
    Hi there 'Rushy'. Welcome aboard. You must have a few tales to tell???? It is good that some of us near this age have joined the forum, we add a little dignity and wisdom to it.
    Thats a great piece of Country around the Kaipara.

Thanks Scribe, I appreciate the welcome. You live in a little slice of heaven too with fish out the front and pigs up the back!

Welcome to hunting on the internet, where the deer are plentiful the guns always shoot straight and your foofoo valve can stay firmly in place.
    Ill just pop this up into the introductions section
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Good on ya Sneeze and thanks for the welcome

Giday Rushy, and try not to inject too much of the " aging hunter" syndrome into your posts. Some of us in the same 'sixty this year' club have the blinkers firmly in place and dont think we are aging. What we DO KNOW is that sometime in the last 20 years or so that someone went out to our favourite places and steepened up the hills a bit and the increased effort to walk up and recover has nothing to do with our age or ability. I have a fair inkling that whoever it was that made the hills steeper also went and put the ground a bit further away from our fingertips as well.

Welcome aboard.

Von Gruff.

Thanks for the welcome Von Gruff. There is nothing wrong with aging it is what all good wines do! I thought I saw that fella steepening the hills once but my eyes aren't what they once were and I couldn't catch up to him.

Welcome mate

Thanks Josh.

Caretaker
    Good to see you here Rushy.

Minginui is a great place, but its always wet there when we do organized trail rides.

I toasted an aluminum rear sprocket on my KX500 in one day -the rain and wet pumice was that bad. But I did see a few pigs

Thanks 7. I have run into a few of you fella's overnighting at Mangamate Falls from time to time. When they find out I'm going hunting I always get asked where I will be but in all the years down there I have never seen any bikes even close to where I go. Some times I think it would be good having one parked at the far end of an old forestry track to use on the way out though.