Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Buffer

Thread: Hello from Oz

Hello from Oz

Hi all, new to the forum and doing the 'introduce yourself' thing. This forum has been a daily read for me for years. I like the good natured spirit and humour of the threads, plus I have learned a tonne of stuff about hunting and reloading. Quick background: I got back into shooting about 5 years ago after a long break (kids, new career etc). Way back when, I was into target pistol shooting competitions (ISSF style matches) and carried a handgun for work. I even did a few years as a baggy arsed infantry rifleman. So I was somewhat familiar with firearms but that was so long ago they all only came with irons at the time. I bought my first centerfire rifle (Howa 1500 in .223) 5 years ago and a 3 gun safe. I now have 2 safes!
    I'll occasionally plug paper now and then but mostly try to get out for an armed bushwalk as often as I can to remove ferals (pigs, wild dogs, foxes, cats). I've really enjoyed reading about your deer hunting exploits and hope to get into that as well. We have reds and fallow near me but getting access to farms is tightly held (no shooting in State land where I am). Anyway, thanks for having me, I'll see you around the boards.
    7mmwsm, Gibo, Shearer and 3 others like this.

Welcome Buffer, great place here as you already know.

now buffer mate ,kotuku here resident witchdoctor-they say its sore i say which ya head or the drinkin arm?also ima great fan of the late great slim dusty.now to my point have you got a pet load to deal with redbacks on the dunny seat?btw WELCOME ABOARD THE GOOD SHIP KNOWLEDGE!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome cobber.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

You in W.A?
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.

Welcome and enjoy.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Thanks fellas. Nor-west, no I'm over the eastcoast in Godzone aka Queensland. Kotuku, redbacks aren't a problem here mate, it's the bastard snakes you've got to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffer View Post
    Thanks fellas. Nor-west, no I'm over the eastcoast in Godzone aka Queensland. Kotuku, redbacks aren't a problem here mate, it's the bastard snakes you've got to watch out for.
    mate,bugger that for a game of soldiers!I think ill stay in kiwiland .although we do have the odd thing thats not too good for ya health politicians being one!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    .although we do have the odd thing thats not too good for ya health politicians being one!
    Multi hair coloured polysexual wokesters being another.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Welcome!