Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Here from UK and a cheeky request!!

Here from UK and a cheeky request!!

Hello

I'm Uk based hunter out in New Zealand for the next few days and I am struggling to find any companies that provide some shooting anywhere near to Aukland. So, to increaqsed my chances (as I am not one to fail) I have hired a car toget out into the country and am looking for suggestions/offers for some shooting. willing to pay/offer some UK hunting in returmn if you're headed that way.

My background: Work as a biologist auditting pest management systems within the food manufacturing industry (hence my trip out here). Have hunted Possum and goat in Kaikura south island about 5 years ago and loved it as I went out with just a regular farmer, cash in hand and we just shot what we saw. just a 2 regular guys doing some shootin!!

In the UK I hunt deer, especially the Muntjac which we are (depending on peoples viewpoint) quite fortunate to have in out area. The deer is a secretive little hard as nails asian deer with sharp canine fighting tooth. I am an avid fox shooter too and currently have moved from lamp to LED and now onto Thermal imaging and digital dedicated NV set. My rifles are a customn build .204 NV set up, 22.250 semi custom truck gun (both for foxes). I also use .243 and .270 on muntjac through to Fallow and odd red.

If anyone is able to accomodate my cheeky request for some sport and banter in the area (dont mind driving out) it would be greatly appreciated. I have my gear just not a rifle with me and would loive to go after possom again!!

anyway, will thgis post to soak (or get removed for being blantant) and hope to hear back

Peter

Another young huntress
    Welcome to the forum.

Thnakyou time rider

Welcome.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

From your job description I take it you count cockroaches, surely this country had some one who could do that.
    Anyway, I can help with your cheeky request if you are prepared to travel a couple of hours south of Auckland.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome Pete. Good luck with finding someone to meet your request. When do you go back to the UK?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

@phillipgr here tis
    Pengy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Hello guys, and thanks for the offer spook. I'm hiring a car today so can head your way no problem, thanks for the kind offer. Are you able to pm me your number and I'll give you a call?

Wasn't counting on finding cockroaches I was looking at different issues. good job I came though as the service provider had missed it for about 8 months!! .

I go back Sunday so have 4 days to kill now, got to get out of the city, I think I was nearly prey the other moth to some hoodies!!

Hey mate, would you be free in July? Are you free midweek or just weekends? Could probably take you out for a shoot.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Night, not moth!! Apologies for typos, using a telephone and slow wi fi!!

Hello Phillip, I think I may be shipped back out in about 3 to 6 months to follow up this job but can't confirm. May be back Christmas time if not for a holiday where work doesn't impede!!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Hey mate, would you be free in July? Are you free midweek or just weekends? Could probably take you out for a shoot.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Be Cheeky!get an address! might have a library you could peruse!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUK View Post
    Hello guys, and thanks for the offer spook. I'm hiring a car today so can head your way no problem, thanks for the kind offer. Are you able to pm me your number and I'll give you a call?

Wasn't counting on finding cockroaches I was looking at different issues. good job I came though as the service provider had missed it for about 8 months!! .
    Youll enjoy Spook! Awesome guy!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    I know you uni students set a low standard But you failed to achieve even that. Read it again Phillip.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms