Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maca49

Thread: I have a license without the plastic card

I have a license without the plastic card

After waiting 6 weeks from the visit from the license officer I got feed up and decided to call the arms officer
    They said that I have had my firearms license approved but its still waiting to be printed.
    So they gave me license number and expiry date and said that I should be able to use this to buy firearms from a store and go hunting
    Has anyone else had this?

I got told that when I was first approved for my F.A.L and no shop would even sell me a rifle till I had that card in my hand to show them even though I had explained that the AO said it was ok, they were happy to sell me a rifle but I was not allowed to leave the shop with the rifle and they had to hold it for me till the license arrived. I can understand where the shops are coming from as they do have to keep their arses covered
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Yup - I was in a similar position when I got mine.
    Went to H&F, gave them the number, they checked with AO over the phone, all good.

I went and saw the AO and she gave me her card with my FAL details on it, no issues with the local shops.
    7. Avoid alcohol or drugs when handling firearms

Good judgement is the key to safe use of firearms.

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

I had a long delay with my licence too, the AO in Whangarei at the time would not sign off on anything until the card arrived. The delay got so bad they printed another one and then... Two turned up at the same time.

Just my experience.

Did you sell one of them?
    338 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Did you sell one of them?
    That would be foolish, it's been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I had a long delay with my licence too, the AO in Whangarei at the time would not sign off on anything until the card arrived. The delay got so bad they printed another one and then... Two turned up at the same time.

Just my experience.
    That is really a bit sad for it to take that long. My expiry date is in the first week of June so I guess that's how long I've been waiting.

I picked up a couple of boxes of 233 earlier on from fishcity in Hamilton, they checked my drivers license and rang up the AO.

Now waiting for Friday to inherit a couple of guns

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That would be foolish, it's been destroyed.
    Yeah right
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Mine [plastic] in mail pretty swift after the meeting with the Arms vetting officer.Got all the prior licences including the first original one way back in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kliemax View Post
    That is really a bit sad for it to take that long. My expiry date is in the first week of June so I guess that's how long I've been waiting.

I picked up a couple of boxes of 233 earlier on from fishcity in Hamilton, they checked my drivers license and rang up the AO.

Now waiting for Friday to inherit a couple of guns
    The only reason for this particular delay was that the facility that produced them was in the process of moving from CHC to AKL, so there was a huge backlog.