Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Cooee

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: I'm on my way

Welcome, Northland has a place called "NIWA" lots of fishy research going on there, and a high population of beer connesurs, most highly rated beer is lion red.

There are good buggers everywhere in NZ, you can't miss

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    I don't drink and everyone knows there are no deer in places where people hunt a lot and first and foremost EVERYONE knows that the .270 is for sissies that can't handle a real gun....I kid I kid. That's one of the things I find super silly nowadays is the need not even to buy the latest and greatest gun but the latest and greatest caliber...like the 6.49 ABC or whatever. I think a well placed bullet on a animal from a .223-.375 will kill the crap out of it. Granted for your wapiti might want a .270 and up
    We are SUPER stoked to check out the South Island...hopefully 2 weeks next December.
    Welcome mate, but be warned you appear to be making sense which is not always permissable in our culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    well come prepared for the weather......it will most likely be hot and dry with strong hot winds..........or really wet and flooded.........with a chance of a southerly blast from antarctica bringing snow flurrys or blizzards........
    All in one day as well.
    Steve123 likes this.

Welcome Joe
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Welcome to the forum, agree with the post re NZ going to the dogs, but there is another place just across the other side of the Tasman sea called Australia, victoria has the most opportunities on public land hunting and wages are far better

Welcome Joe,we helped 2 families from South Africa we worked with shift out ,IMO you need to be contacting prospective employers & sussing out what additional training you can both take on to make your applications/enquiries for employment from ho hum, to how soon can you get here. Good Luck & good on you for having a crack
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan