Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: King country boy

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    ah those names bring back memories...caught the school bus in Owhango for highschool years...used to buy our slabs of cans there too.
    lovely bit of country it is.
    welcome aboard
    My mother is a Taniora from there , grandmother was widowed ( i never met him ) and she remarried a polwart from there. I love it back there , my wifes family are from kaitieke , so im spoilt for choice of hunting as we always go home. Great place for our family to go home too !!!
    tetawa and A330driver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Welcome. Are the last six letters of your forum handle your surname? I served in Singapore with a Corporal in Singapore (73 - 75) with that surname. He lost his right arm while over there.
    Kia ora

awesome

yes , I am a komene , my surname comes from up north , marae is Taheke there. My late father ( hemi / james ) moved south as a young fella with my grandparents ( Tom and Ma ) and they eventually ended in Tekuiti as the grandfather was on the railway. Then moved a little more south to Taumarunui where they both settled and saw the rest of their living days out. Dads house is still in Owhango there where i am hoping to do up in the near future !!!!
    A330driver likes this.