Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Married to a kiwi

Banned
    Welcome and well done on posting here! Hurray to nzhs wifes ✌��

Please, share your story.

Married to a Kiwi and our mentality difference would be perfectly explained as “a cat and a dog” ��
    Keep positive - Stuart Island is most magical place as I think. Wouldn’t mind Bora Bora though!

A
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.

Stewart island is great, yes there is a pub !
    personally i couldnt think of anything worse than a tourist island like bora bora, give me vegas anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Welcome to the forum. My wife is now reading your thread with interest as she is also married to a Kiwi.
    Thank you for the welcome. I’m posting discussions no 2 tomorrow but in the meantime, if your wife would like to read more, she can go to www.marriedtoakiwi.com
    My “non hunting” friends are all curious about this trip, so I did a little blog for them. There are also photos
    gadgetman, Paddy79 and rewa like this.

Banned
    Now having traveled to the weird side of earth myself I have rubbed shoulders with one or two of the guys from the overland trucks/African rafting scene.

Sideshow is a man to get stuck in a hut with. He has stories
    Sideshow, rewa and Mrs Sideshow like this.

Welcome. Always nice to get another perspective and its great when you find something you can spend time with your other half doing together. I wish mine would come hunting or outdoors with me.

I would suggest that my wife sign up too, but I know too much about knitting and cross stitch already and would hate to drag all the members down that rabbit hole .....She very good at it but sticks to he own forums where she can also help up and coming stitchers.....

On the otherside if any of you guys want to buy your Mrs a fancy shawl (or one for you if you like lets not be exclusive here) There are always a few real nice new ones here...She does designer tests where she knits a pattern for a designer to "proof read" any mistakes before they are published / sold.
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Sideshow View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. I’m posting discussions no 2 tomorrow but in the meantime, if your wife would like to read more, she can go to www.marriedtoakiwi.com
    My “non hunting” friends are all curious about this trip, so I did a little blog for them. There are also photos
    Hmmm, .....

Reading between the lines here, but it sounds like you are already well and truly committed to this adventure. You've already succumbed to those roguish kiwi charms. What seems to be catching up with you is the excitement and trepidation. There is that slight apprehension about being able to go back to 'roughing it' and the simple lifestyle that you once enjoyed. I think beyond that you are more worried that if @Sideshow sees you enjoying it he may apply those charms more often.

Oh, and Mrs Gadget sends her sympathies; she reckons your other half sounds a lot like her other half in a lot of ways.
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Thanks for the supporting posts there guys. We are getting a good laugh out of this!
    gadgetman and Mrs Sideshow like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Thanks for the supporting posts there guys. We are getting a good laugh out of this!
    Mrs Sideshow is actually sounding quite excited about this trip to me. Have you shown her the video? Not that I know anything about a video.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Year we sat and watched it the other night.....she like ummm I'm off to make a cup of tea, me ok she turned up two hour later
    By now I'm watching the rugby and ask where have you been you missed the whole thing. Oh practicing for the island I trying to boil the water on the stove while lighting a fire underneath it

Thanks for that though great vid on those grey ghosts!
    There's discussion 2 coming soon
    gadgetman likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Hey @Mrs Sideshow. Nice to meet you. You'll be the same as my wife shortly, don't you worry. She carries the rifle, shoots the animal, cuts it up, and carries it out. I carry a small day pack, and make tea at an appropriate moment.

Would you like to see the photos?
    gadgetman, scotty and rewa like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Welcome aboard you are going to love it here, lots of good stuff and you can keep an eye on what Sideshow is up to
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.

Welcome, you could do a lot worse than marry a Kiwi. Enjoy the forum
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    you can keep an eye on what Sideshow is up to
    Is it just me has this image?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Hey @Mrs Sideshow. Nice to meet you. You'll be the same as my wife shortly, don't you worry. She carries the rifle, shoots the animal, cuts it up, and carries it out. I carry a small day pack, and make tea at an appropriate moment.

Would you like to see the photos?
    Hello @Flyblown. Thank you for your welcome. I like the idea of my husband making me a cup of tea. I'm not sure about the shooting bit though. My husband made me fire a shotgun when I went to NZ for the first time and I didn't like the noise and the recoil. He did say that he probably made me shoot with too big shot size (no idea what he is talking about, by the way.....). I did though enjoy firing a rifle, as I liked the idea of the precision, the controlled breathing, the art of it. However, would I like to point it at an animal? I am not vegetarian and enjoy an nice steak and have also been known to carry the odd pheasant or two, but I think that will be it for me.....

Welcome ..It will be interesting to see if you start a trend here. My Partner is also from a land far-away, she is slowly getting used to living on an Island. Lucky for me, she grew-up around firearms and hunting, though I occasionally see her eyes glaze-over, as I explain the need for another rifle
    Sideshow, johndoe and Mrs Sideshow like this.