Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New member, on a big adventure

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hey MH, looks like you've had some fun this weekend. But you need to visit the Doc to have those two large, dodgey lookin', warts on your arse removed... Bit of nitrogen should burn 'em off for ya
    Last edited by ishoot10s; 25-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Scouser likes this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Hey MH, looks like you've had some fun this weekend. But you need to visit the Doc to have those two large, dodgey lookin', warts on your arse removed... Bit of nitrogen should burn 'em off for ya
    Ha! Jealousy isn't a good look on you.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Ha! Jealousy isn't a good look on you.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I have to say that Muckos Hat was a bit of a jinx this afternoon at the Puhou goat shoot as I only got 2 goats for 4 shots (50% aint flash). Any way MH is now with Barefoot for his next adventure
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Good to meet you MH

BEING A HAT IS GREAT MUCKOS HAT's Avatar
    Good to meet you too UU. Maybe we should plan a goose shoot up north in the future?
    But first I have a trip to Woodhill this weekend with Barefoot and then I'm hoping to catch a lift south if I'm back in time.
    I just hope they shoot better down there than this group of Latte swilling Jafa's did yesterday.
    I tell you spent the weekend giving long range pointers to Rushy and pointing out dozens of goats to them on Sunday, and what did they get? 5
    I MISS YOU MUCKO

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Watch that lip of yours MH or I will use you as a chew toy for my dog.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by MUCKOS HAT View Post
    Good to meet you too UU. Maybe we should plan a goose shoot up north in the future?
    But first I have a trip to Woodhill this weekend with Barefoot and then I'm hoping to catch a lift south if I'm back in time.
    I just hope they shoot better down there than this group of Latte swilling Jafa's did yesterday.
    I tell you spent the weekend giving long range pointers to Rushy and pointing out dozens of goats to them on Sunday, and what did they get? 5
    Well said Hucko's Mat.
    Dougie likes this.

Don't worry Rushy, I think MH will be sleeping with my dogs tonight, I've been getting lip from him all day.
    Even told me I was stirring the tea the wrong way.
    Twoshotkill likes this.

It was the smell and look of that ugly hat that put me off my shots... Thats my story and Im sticking too it !!!!
    upnorth uplander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Don't worry Rushy, I think MH will be sleeping with my dogs tonight, I've been getting lip from him all day.
    Even told me I was stirring the tea the wrong way.
    If he gets too lippy then smack him upside the brim then stuff him inside out and hang him on the coat hook outside if that does not solve the issue then stuff him down ya gumboot if he persists
    Gibo likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk660 View Post
    It was the smell and look of that ugly hat that put me off my shots... Thats my story and Im sticking too it !!!!
    It was good meeting you on Sunday bro

Well yesterday I went to Woodhill with Barefoot and two of his mates. Bob and BF had buck only permits while Simon was still a deer virgin and had been given the doe permit, so the pressure was on to find one.
    It was a 5am start from BF's place arriving in time for daylight. The block was long and skinny so we spread ourselves out a few hundred metres apart and worked our way down the block. I stuck with Barefoot as I get a better view from on top of his head
    We saw a mob of 5 early on, of does and yearlings, then 12 or so that had clearly been moved on by the others (all does, yearlings). A little later we saw what we think was a buck but it was moving ahead of Bob and Simon and away from us so it was left alone.
    About then we left the large pines and titree and hit the small pines. It was so thick in there I couldn't even abuse BF in case a branch or pampas ended up in there
    We gave up and slipped down the road for a 1km or so until the trees were a bit bigger. Working through this block we scared up a couple more does and then it was time to meet up with the other two for lunch.
    Well those two hadn't seen anything! We bumped into one of the patrols that said no one had shot a buck so far that weekend so we didn't feel to bad after that.

After lunch BF said we were going to go back up to the top of the block, sit by the lake and read for a few hours till late afternoon and then rework the titree.
    Well that was all right for him but I was bored witless, man he reads some strange books! Anyway if any of you fellas and fellesses are into coarse fishing I can now tell you where there are some big arse Perch hanging out, they were jumping out of the water catching insects and everything.

3pm came around and it was time to move, we worked the boundary with the farm and saw lots of peacocks, snuck up on an unsuspecting pheasant but no more deer, so we settled down in a likely looking spot and waited. We had a vivid whispered discussion about scaring the crap out of a doe that wandered passed about 10m away but decided to leave her be in case something else was close by. By 6pm it was too dark to shoot under the trees so headed back to the car and met up with Bob and Simon. Bob had seen 6 or so does while Simon still hadn't seen anything this trip.

So while nothing was shot everyone agreed it was a go way to spend Fathers Day
    Last edited by MUCKOS HAT; 02-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Gibo likes this.
    I MISS YOU MUCKO

I'm getting itch feet, and looking to head south later this week.
    Anyone got a spare bed and beer, I don't take up much room?
    A person is always more attractive to the opposite sex with a handsome hat like me hiding their head.

Wouldn't mind a feed of whitebait, Hint, Hint, Toby
    I MISS YOU MUCKO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MUCKOS HAT View Post
    I'm getting itch feet, and looking to head south later this week.
    Anyone got a spare bed and beer, I don't take up much room?
    A person is always more attractive to the opposite sex with a handsome hat like me hiding their head.

Wouldn't mind a feed of whitebait, Hint, Hint, Toby
    Come and pay me a visit ya freak!! bring a change of hat as you may get all dirty and cacked in deer blood.make sure you have some coin in that zipper pocket to ya free loader
    Gibo likes this.