Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 12 Post By inozz

Thread: Thats me over there

Thats me over there

yeah gidday, been on here a while and looks like I,ll stop a bit longer so better let you know who,s been keeping an eye on you. Southland born, on the edge of the Longwood, raised on pukeko and turnips, went to school occasionally, spent days hanging around rivers, hills, bush, rubbish dumps, other peoples orchards, railway yards, and hanging off bridges and trees. First hunting trip with one of my older brothers, who was 6yrs older, when I was about six years old, about three mile up the hill from home. Pig hunting we were. He told me at the time that all we needed was a pig sticker which he had in his pocket. It was on his ww2 commando pocket knife. It was a little marlin spike of course, but I didn,t know what one of those was until years later. Anyway it all gave me a love of the bush and wild places and the creatures that live within them. Hunted the Hoki,s a fair bit growing up through high school etc. Rabbits, hare, possums, wild sheep, ducks, eels, pigs, trout, deer. Yep, them was the days! Life got a bit complex then and had to start working full time. Still a boy at the time when I took off for Oz. Intention was start out west and work my way home over a 12 - 18 month period, but life got even more complex, so I still live out west, [nearly fifty years on, beside the Indian ocean] Became invalided a few years ago from work injuries, [legs] so part of my rehab has been to go back home and do as much hunting and walking as I can handle. One day not too far away I would like my grandkids to experience, a bit of the NZ bush and wild places too. Anyway, I do find this sight very helpful in that I learn new stuff and get reminded of plenty that I have forgotten. Thanks to most of you who make valuable and informative posts. Also to the ones on here who I get a laugh out of. Just love most of the wit a humour that comes from those who know how to spin a yarn. OK, hope that's enough introduction so you know who I am , so when I ask where your secret deer spot is, I won,t get blasted like a mallard on opening day. Anyway, might see you on a small hill one day. Just keep an eye out for an oldish guy with an even older .303 and a walking stick. PS. NZ is, and always will be home to me and these aussies know it because I still wear my black t-shirt with ABs and silver fern to the pub when we play the wallabies. mud in yer eye.
    veitnamcam, madjon_, Pengy and 9 others like this.

Welcome ack ya sand grouper work related injury nar I recon you where out playing Quakka soccer
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by inozz View Post
    yeah gidday, these aussies know it because I still wear my black t-shirt with ABs and silver fern to the pub when we play the wallabies. mud in yer eye.
    Good job on the 'yeah gidday', but the real question is have you kept the Southland 'rrrrr'?

Ha ha with a 303, theres no need for a walking stick as well. Good intro, sounds like you had a proper childhood that set you up for later life. Gorrrre the centre of the unknown universe.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome. I agree that if you have a 303 there is no need to carry the extra weight of a walking stick. They also make a great billy hook.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome. Thanks for the intro yarn.

Hi Inozz.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Welcome to the forum.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

As a born (Lumsden) and bred Southlander (Fiordland), I can relate to that. Welcome.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

northdude
    welcome

Good intro welcome back