Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Advice please re tablets

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Thank you. Would you recommend a refurbished one from 1-Day? They come with a 12 month warranty.
    My wife got one of those....turned up... wouldn't turn on or charge or anything... they didnt have another in stock so we had to wait for it to be sent back and looked at and so on for bloody ages before getting a refund then she went and brought a new one which was considerably more expensive but it worked.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Depends on what was fixed and how cheap it is.

I think for the peace of mind knowing that its brand new and has support from Apple I'd buy a new one.

There's a limited amount of things that can go wrong on an iPad and one day would probably buy them by the container load from who knows where. So you question what's a "refurbished" iPad and who did it.

professional spooker
    Usually apple's agent refurb from what I understand, they get sent back to fix (screen, whatever) and are just shuttled into an exchange system and you get 'your' one back off a rack of refurbed ones. These 1-day outfits just buy the rack for sweet fuck all and sell em on with $20 per unit profit
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

If you want it for photos, and you want to back them up, share them with others, have some kind of logical filing system - and not be locked to apple for life (and the on going cost) - I wouldn't go near Apple.
    I got burnt a few years ago. A real pain to 'extract' pics for the apple world.

I would suggest Android based for cheap - and hook it to a gmail account. That way the pics etc... will back up online.

Or, go windows based (tell Dave to let the moths free) and do the same , hook it to a gmail account.

I just got a surface pro, and am loving it.

Oh, I do admire apples quality. I have a gen 2 iPod, from end of 2005. Still goes. Hasn't had a update in a few years. It's been at minus 40c, and at the other extreme so hot I couldn't pick it up - still lives and goes.
    Beetroot, 300CALMAN and 40mm like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Usually apple's agent refurb from what I understand, they get sent back to fix (screen, whatever) and are just shuttled into an exchange system and you get 'your' one back off a rack of refurbed ones. These 1-day outfits just buy the rack for sweet fuck all and sell em on with $20 per unit profit
    Ah i see. Makes sense.

professional spooker

If you have an iPhone go for an iPad. Wife’s Samsung phone frustrates the hell out of me and she can’t easily share anything
    Our old iPad is still going after 6 years
    Check PB Tech for their prices on New Years Day
    iPad does everything we need them to do and are awesome babysitters when we want a bit of peace and quiet

Name:  2972491A-3719-4E52-94D7-B0D3AC8B8D9A.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  2.62 MB

MB
    If you're tech savvy, then one of the Android devices. If not, you will not go wrong with an iPad.

Hi Alicia, I still have an original Samsung Galaxy 1, P100 an I'm still amazed at the screen and especially with its camera. If for taking and viewing photos I would recommend a Samsung tablet. A refurbished one with 12 months guarantee fine too judging by my fablet's longevity.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

If it's just for browsing the Web, Facebook and a few games an iPad is likely your best option. Unless you are particularly experienced with Android and don't want to change, the iPad is the most suited device for general usage.

If you want to be able to download word documents or PDFs or do any sort of "work" on the tablet, the iPad quickly becomes a burden and you will find it difficult to add and remove large files or large amounts of photos etc.
    Best bet for a "work" tablet is by far a Microsoft based tablet, but Android will do the job just not as easily as a Microsoft one.

Simply put:
    For content consumption (Facebook, YouTube, games, email etc): iPad
    For work (word, PDFs, transfering pictures and files): Microsoft
    Middle ground that'l do both: Android
    sako75, Beaker and Cyclops like this.

Go to a "tech" shop and try out a few models.
    Find what you like and what you understand.
    See if the salesperson will do a deal for you - if not look for second hand.

Getting photo's off an iPad is simple if you have a PC/laptop. I connect the charging cable to the iPad and PC allow access to the PC and copy the photos from iPad to PC. Easy peasy.

Tablets - take with water after food
    40mm likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    On ya chainsaw, I have been holding back the urge to say “don’t take them”.
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Tablets - take with water after food
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

We have a couple of Kindle fire Tablets which cost about 1/5 the price of an IPad and are awesome.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6RPGKG/ref=fs_ods_tab_sz
    But then I don't mind messing around with tech and you need to install google play on them. The displays are A1 as people expect to watch video and read amazon books. Also Amazons tablets are subsidised with ads.

Apple are nice if you don't mind paying "The Man" for looking after your photos etc Apple uses good hardware BUT do't expect perfection, my wife's iPhone has plenty of problems.
    https://www.freemake.com/blog/iphone...rk-what-to-do/
    Never had a problem like this with an android...

Android is still only as good as the tablet you buy IE the cheap Chinese ones often have crap displays and probably wont last long, A good Samsung will set you right.
    Beaker likes this.

iPad - user friendly for the technopeasants among us.
    40mm likes this.

Apple iPad Air 2 was recommended for me by the techie at work before I retired. I use it daily and it has all the functions to suit my capabilities.

Alicia save the money and get him another gun! Or one for the boy? Surely he's old enough now
    40mm likes this.