Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    P38

GoPro Mounts suitable for Hunting and Shooting.

I received a GoPro Hero camera at Christmas , seems I was a Good Boy after all , which I have only just taken out of the packet.

The camera came with two mounts , one for a flat surface and one for a curved surface.

After a quick google search I found heaps of different mounts on Ali Express and Amazon at reasonable prices.

Noel Lemming wanted $109 for a Shotgun mount ....... ......... Thieving Bastards

My questions are:

Which Mounts would be good for Hunting and Shooting?

Where's a good place to buy them from, without taking out a mortgage to pay for the bloody things?

I already like the looks of sportsman mounts which attach to the barrel and or the magazine nut on a shotgun along with the chest mount and shoulder mount straps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Pete

Any accessories for the sj4000 typically work with go pro and are much cheaper to buy, I have been playing with mounts to put on my dog for quail hunting, have modified a chest mount and the cam sits just behind his head so you see the top of his head as he moves around, he works too fast on open ground though and you get sick watching the footage....
    I have found chest mount or head mount to work well when worn on a human while hunting and the head mount is good for diving too just loop it though our mask strap in case it pops off.
    The head mounted one when aligned properly can give a good view down your gun I haven't found one I like actually attached to my gun yet

Try amazon for aftermarket mount, there is a rollbar mount $10 us and try this link : Amazon.com : Toughsty® Motorcycle Bike Handlebar Mount Clamp w/ Tripod Adapter for GoPro Hero 1 2 3 3+ : Electronics

R93
    Watching thread with interest.
    Had a guy filming a hunt for a mates client. Had the latest go pro mounted on a vehicle for a tricky 4WD track.
    I was impressed with the footage.
    Seemed to be less fish bowlish than other go pro footage I have seen.
    It appeared to me to be more than suitable for shotgunning and other action shots.
    Hate cameras mounted on guns. Footage is one dimensional.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

P38
    I'm going Goose Shooting tomorrow and have made up a mount to attach with the magazine cap with some sheet metal I had in the shed kind of along these lines.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqVTfe5p5DY

It's pretty rough and ready, hence no photos, but it was what I could do at short notice.

I'm sure it will work ok.

Will order in some of these and try them out.

Amazon.com: gopro mounts - Camera & Photo: Electronics

Shop Gopro mounts online Gallery - Buy Gopro mounts for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Distant Stalker
    There is a Dog harness mount available at Ali express
    Shop Gopro Dog Harness online Gallery - Buy Gopro Dog Harness for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

R93
    The GoPro I have gets less Fish Bowl when you record in Higher resolution. i.e. angle of view becomes less with higher resolution.

Looking forward to capturing some Goose Gun Action tomorrow ...... only hope I can hit the bloody things .... haven't fired a shotgun for about a year.

Got a couple of boxes of 2's just to be sure.

Cheers
    Pete

res
    If you on me your email I can send you some files to print gopro mounts on a 3d printer
    Using Tapatalk

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    If you on me your email I can send you some files to print gopro mounts on a 3d printer
    Thanks for the offer res.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 3D printer.

Cheers
    pete

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Thanks for the offer res.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 3D printer.

Cheers
    pete