Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Trail cameras

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Sneeze how does the MMS feature work? presume you have to get a sim card and connection and then place in a posse with cell reception? or does it work on sat system?
    Yes you need a sim card and its only programed for the vodafone system it seems.Needs 2-3 bars to send reliably but captures all pics to the sd card anyway. Depending on the way you set it up ie number of pics per burst etc it only send one per group so you don't chew up your sim credit. You can get an external Ariel and solar power packs but a good set of aas should last for months.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Caretaker
    Thanks for that info Sneeze

Cheers
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Nek minit

Attachment 787
    CLASSIC SHOT MATE!

Have the waterproofing issues been sorted in this model- the acorn mms? Im keen to try one of these on a couple of our gates
    And is the black flash truely invisable to the naked eye on the moltrie, have you stood in front of it and looked,any idea on the nm rating?
    cheers

Moonhunt the OEM are working on the acorn water issues, it seems the problem and solution have been sorted and the new model sould be available end of july,(maybe).the Ltl acorn is 940nm and is quite poor in terms of night pictures theres a couple earlier in this thread, they may upgrade things with the new one but i havnt heard anything. The moultrie Im not sure about I just bought it as an animal catcher, the mms acorn is for 2 legged animals hence the MMS feature being paramount for me and Im not to concerned about night time preformance.

Hi All

I found this site that sells them with free shipping to NZ from China. Ltl Acorn 6210MC Ltl 6210MC 12MP No Glow 1080P/Video/Audio 6210 Scouting Trail Game Camera 2pcs-in Hunting Cameras from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

I have had friends that have purchased of the sight and have had no issues !! How does the price compare to what you paid ?

Regards John

Hey Jono
    Yes the acorn OEM does sell through alibaba but that one is about $60 US more and its the MC not the MMS version. Its also apears to have the same design fault that lets water into the control pannel

What do you guys use if there is no suitable trees around/or close by to mount your camera?

My legs, walk a bit more

Hey Sneeze

Im a new member here in australia. Have been watching the posts re the trail cams you guys have been going on about. I dont know a whole lots about these so decided to join the site and hopefully meet some people that dont mind sharing some info.
    So if you dont mind and have the time i have a few questions.

When ordering the MMS versions how do i know if they will work with Telstra net work here in Ozz ?? I note they quote the GSM net work but could not see anything quoting the CDMA net work ?

Has anyone had any experience with the ScoutGuard SG580M unit ?? I have read that you can get a add on high gain arieal to boost signal strenght in low reception areas. ?? I have read good reports on these units but as you know nothing beats talking to someone that has one.

I noted you guys use the Ltl Acorn 6210 units !!! What is the reason for this, are they the best out there with good all round performance ??

I hope you guys dont mind comms with someone across the ditch ??

Any feed back is well apprieciated.

Cheers

Jack

Caretaker
    Welcome aboard Torrium.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Hey Sneeze

Im a new member here in australia. Have been watching the posts re the trail cams you guys have been going on about. I dont know a whole lots about these so decided to join the site and hopefully meet some people that dont mind sharing some info.
    So if you dont mind and have the time i have a few questions.

When ordering the MMS versions how do i know if they will work with Telstra net work here in Ozz ?? I note they quote the GSM net work but could not see anything quoting the CDMA net work ?

Has anyone had any experience with the ScoutGuard SG580M unit ?? I have read that you can get a add on high gain arieal to boost signal strenght in low reception areas. ?? I have read good reports on these units but as you know nothing beats talking to someone that has one.

I noted you guys use the Ltl Acorn 6210 units !!! What is the reason for this, are they the best out there with good all round performance ??

I hope you guys dont mind comms with someone across the ditch ??

Any feed back is well apprieciated.

Cheers

Jack

thanks 7mmsaum do you know anything about these trail cams that may be of interest to me. !!

Hi Torrium welcome to the site. Im fairly new to the game camera scene but happy to share what Iv learned so far. Some of the answers are already in this thread re: why the Ltl acorn 6210 with examples of performance and the ongoing water problems. If you arn't sure about compatibility with your provider in Aus your best bet would be to ask the seller. They work here on Vodafone but not telecom as far as I have seen. I have no experence with the scoutguards.