Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Cerakote NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone from me, hope you all have a merry time, be safe and hope to see you all back next year...

As for Cerakote NZ Ltd, not long in action but into it already and looking forward to working with some of you in the New year and getting firearms looking smick.

Have a great break everyone, don't forget to check my FaceBook and Instagram and follow us there.

Cheers

Craig
    looks better already
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Well this little Ruger 96/22 got a birthday this week, gone is the old bluing that was wearing fine with the usual spotting appearing.... a little TLC, and a dash of Sniper Grey Cerakote has done wonders for the look, a new stock with finish it nicely...

From this...

Name:  Ruger 9622 LR Blued Wood Stock 1.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  239.3 KB
    Name:  Ruger 9622 LR Blued Wood Stock 4.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  274.2 KB

To this... I'm pleased with the end product...

Name:  20180105_075459.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  5.23 MB
    Name:  20180105_075508.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  7.03 MB
    Name:  20180105_075517.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  4.94 MB

Well this little Ruger 96/22 got a birthday this week, gone is the old bluing that was wearing fine with the usual spotting appearing.... a little TLC, and a dash of Sniper Grey Cerakote has done wonders for the look, a new stock with finish it nicely...

From this...

Attachment 80821
    Attachment 80822

Attachment 80823
    Attachment 80824
    Attachment 80825

@Double Shot I want to do my old browning micro xbolt .243. It was one of the first xbolts in the country and is looking pretty tatty with hardly any blue left on the barrel.

I wonder if you could PM me some pricing and colour options. I will want something conservative like black, dark green or maybe a dark grey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    @Double Shot I want to do my old browning micro xbolt .243. It was one of the first xbolts in the country and is looking pretty tatty with hardly any blue left on the barrel.

I wonder if you could PM me some pricing and colour options. I will want something conservative like black, dark green or maybe a dark grey.

Thanks
    the McMillian green is nice @Tahr craig did my 30/06 very happy with it. Name:  20171201_175214_zpsfoq0qhec.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  564.8 KB
    Tahr likes this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

I wonder if there is a market cerakoting "sitting down walking machines" in various fashionable colour combo's to match the lycra and cycles plague. The mind boggles

Today's job, Ruger M77 MkII .243 now in Multi Regional Earth, unfortunately seems to have ceased, but have enough for another rifle...

Name:  20180107_123114.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  5.63 MB
    Name:  20180107_123106.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  6.02 MB
    Name:  20180107_123121.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  5.98 MB
    Name:  20180107_123136.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  4.71 MB

Awesome !
    Double Shot likes this.

Get your Zimmer Frame done! @Woody
    Double Shot likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

From this...

Attachment 80821
    Attachment 80822

Attachment 80823
    Attachment 80824
    Attachment 80825
    photos don't do this justice that colour in person is awesome, keep up the great work @Double Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Got any plain Black Cerakote yet @Double Shot... or got a ETA on the arrival as I'd love the O/U completed when you do... Wood works all completed on the restoration for that Eibar...

Looking forward to how she all comes up...
    Eibar restoration pictures please.
    Carpe Diem likes this.

From this...

Attachment 80821
    Attachment 80822

Attachment 80823
    Attachment 80824
    Attachment 80825
    Holy arsebutts, I knew it went to a good home but didn't think it was THAT good a home!
    Real happy
    Double Shot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    Will do @mucko - suffice to say the wood work was tatty at best (forgot to take a pic before giving to the wood guy) but will take a few before and after for the barrels being re-done. I'm tending towards a Socom Blue mix that should pretty much bring back to original colour.

Mucko - the inner tubes on this was superb, and as a duck gun since the 70's this always accounted for the long distance shots so I'm happy with the choke on the barrels but do you know by chance what metal the filigree work is done on so I clean it up the right way. hopefully should look like this when complete and be a nice field gun.

Name:  Laurona eibar.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  5.2 KB
    mucko and Double Shot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    Will do @mucko - suffice to say the wood work was tatty at best (forgot to take a pic before giving to the wood guy) but will take a few before and after for the barrels being re-done. I'm tending towards a Socom Blue mix that should pretty much bring back to original colour.

Mucko - the inner tubes on this was superb, and as a duck gun since the 70's this always accounted for the long distance shots so I'm happy with the choke on the barrels but do you know by chance what metal the filigree work is done on so I clean it up the right way. hopefully should look like this when complete and be a nice field gun.

Attachment 80916

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post

Attachment 80916
    sorry have no idea, I have a s/s eibar love it will never sell it
    Carpe Diem likes this.