Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: GunBrokerNZ

@Double Shot Just registered. Is there a browse feature where I can just browse through all listings without having to click specific categories etc?
    dannyb likes this.
    Use enough gun

Registered yesterday, still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    I note that giving your FAL details are a required part of the signup process. How are you cross checking to make sure the firearms licence details are accurate and match that user. Or is that on the seller to make sure the buyer is genuine.

Also, as a requirement of the site is a FAL, why would one be required to buy apparel, knives, archery items etc.
    I left the FAL bit blank when I clicked on next it took me back to the expiry date so I made one up but left the number blank.
    I dont think you have to give any more than that if your not buying firearms.
    @Double Shot good on you for taking some initiative. I wish you the best of luck and will be listing some items ASAP.
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com

It's a good idea for NZ to have a gunbroker site, the gunbroker.com site is huge in the states.

It's basically a mini ebay there.

The implementation will be key, and personally I don't think a FAL should be required on sign up. To buy or sell guns, then a FAL should be required if buying online and direct links to the dealer network are established. The method of personal sighting should also be adopted.

If it's intended to be a gun only site, with only FAL holders able to sign up, the market place will be small and the forum caters really well for that already.

I would also like to know how the data is being secured with regards to user names, and FAL info.
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Registered yesterday, still nothing.
    I have gone through and manually validated, we are having some issues with Spark with Validation emails.

Shame I can’t kick the tyres from over hear
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Nice work Really pleased to see other options to the Yellow Site, I am getting tired of their politics.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    @Double Shot Just registered. Is there a browse feature where I can just browse through all listings without having to click specific categories etc?
    Same question here. Drilling down into every category to see things will get a bit tiresome.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    I have gone through and manually validated, we are having some issues with Spark with Validation emails.
    Welcome to the new world of digital gateways, where now all of this is essentially based on your scoring with Spamhaus - and all the ISP's look to them for guidance. You'll find due to the Yahoo F up factor previously that all spark derivative email addresses non-delivery parameters have been turned right up.

Hope that might help you pinpoint the issue.
    Double Shot likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

FREE LISTINGS for the next few weeks...

Jump on and give it a go, might be better than TM, we'll never know if we don't get involved....

Jump on and give it a go, might be better than TM, we'll never know if we don't get involved....
    Why, how much are your fees and fees for what? Sellers fees or buyers fees? Where are these listed please.

Also your TOU really needs to be sorted out.

10. Signing up to co.nz you give the right for us to contact you regarding the site, updates and things we feel may be of interest. Your personal information will be kept safe and never sold, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

12. You will not use co.nz for any illegal purpose.
    13. You indemnify and hold harmless GunbrokerNZ and all of its owners, directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and all loss, harm, damage, costs, liability, and expense caused to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by my use of co.nz, including but not limited to direct or indirect results of violations of any and all applicable laws.
    Im not a lawyer, but Im pretty sure any lawyer will tell you your TOU/TOS is pretty important to get right. In fact I hope you have had a lawyer go over it and make sure your ass is covered from every angle.
    Cheers
    Double Shot and PadLo like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

I have have a few to do but it will probably be next week before I can get to it. Coming down your way this weekend.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Why, how much are your fees and fees for what? Sellers fees or buyers fees? Where are these listed please.

Also your TOU really needs to be sorted out.

Im not a lawyer, but Im pretty sure any lawyer will tell you your TOU/TOS is pretty important to get right. In fact I hope you have had a lawyer go over it and make sure your ass is covered from every angle.
    Cheers
    Thanks for that, was just missed when being transferred.

PM sent. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I have have a few to do but it will probably be next week before I can get to it. Coming down your way this weekend.
    Swing by mate, I'm heading away again late Sunday.

You got my number, drop me a PM.

Good stuff Craig
    awesome job
    Double Shot likes this.