Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 340 Terminator

Hey Greg
    Sorry I haven't sent my gun down to yet iv been caught up in work going to Christchurch all the time.
    I like the look of this 340 terminator, was talking to cam about it last night, how much of a hassle is it getting the brass and forming it etc? would the work im getting done to build a 338 edge be cheaper than the work to build this? ( presuming its just a different reamer used) sorry to be a pain in the ass but would love to have a gun that well and truly out performs cams gun! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Hey Greg
    Sorry I haven't sent my gun down to yet iv been caught up in work going to Christchurch all the time.
    I like the look of this 340 terminator, was talking to cam about it last night, how much of a hassle is it getting the brass and forming it etc? would the work im getting done to build a 338 edge be cheaper than the work to build this? ( presuming its just a different reamer used) sorry to be a pain in the ass but would love to have a gun that well and truly out performs cams gun! haha
    Hi Callum, no worries

The 340 Terminator will be dearer, not so much to build, but the brass is more expensive, it uses more powder & won't last as long barrel wise.

The Brass shouldn't be too far away but you know what it can be like relying on other people...

Just let me know when you send the Edge.

Cheers Greg.

Just another thought, so il get the edge made first then could we ream it out to be 340 terminator as the throat starts to wear out? or would I need a heavier barrel than the one wev talked about for the terminator? Sending my pea shooter to you tomorrow.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Just another thought, so il get the edge made first then could we ream it out to be 340 terminator as the throat starts to wear out? or would I need a heavier barrel than the one wev talked about for the terminator? Sending my pea shooter to you tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Yep no problem to ream out the Edge, will take a fair while for the throat to wear out, it isn't a 7mm

haha yea I was thinking that while I was typing it, beauty sounds like iv got the plan sorted!! I can get back to work now, just in time to start packing up