Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: Around taupo- bulk eley match ammo 22lr

Around taupo- bulk eley match ammo 22lr

Anyone around these ways keen to split 5000 round of 22 ammo?
    Freight is free when buying a 5000 slab

Cost is $1750 for 5000 rounds but happy to split into 1/3’s or even 1/4’s

I'd go a tenth.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Thats 35 cents/round??

I take it its manufactured for target shooters, cause thats more than winchester hunting ammo from Hamills Taupo this morning by my calcs??

Its actually not a bad price for this quality of ammo - it'd be the last thing I'd fling at a bunny, but if you want good results then its as good as is readily available these days, if I was handy I'd be in like flynn!

The brand and the name of the line are a bit of a give away......

I presume this is coming from Shooting Stuff? I buy all my RF ammo off them.
    I see they are also selling mixed lots of 5000 Eley Match for $1550.
    Gives you a chance to try different lots. Only trouble is if you find a good lot you won't be able to get any more of that lot.
    XR500 likes this.

I keep the local Smallbore amourer in Vension and in return I get a very useful service - if you ask nicely they will let you try various lots of ammo (such as they have in stock) and the best bit, if you find a lot that really shoots, they have a nationwide email service between all the clubs to scrounge up any other stashes of the desired lot . . . .a fantastic resource!
    zimmer likes this.

Yip, I sort of thought that was the case.

How does one find the specs of ammo?? i.e. cartridge dia??

Many years ago in a fit of exuberance, and pissed off with the accuracy of my expensive 10/22 I had a tgt bull barrel fitted. Bloody accurate, but very bloody finicky on what ammo it would not jam continually on. In the end I took a micrometer to the Sika show(when it was run at the swimming pool), and tested a bunch of ammo on offer. Only found one that was about 2 thou smaller in dia than the rest, so bought 500 rounds (should have bought 5000!!!). It functioned flawlessly and accurately, but only on that ammo.

I'll try and find the last remaining half box of ammo and measure, to find the ideal diameter. And see if this Eley tgt stuff is around the same spec.

Yea it’ll be coming form shooting stuff. It’s a far better price than most anywhere else anyway

Amazingly consistent ammo in the batches I’ve tried, really comes into its own past 75m

Have got one taker for one brick, Will see who else is keen otherwise will flag the idea I think

Eley Match is the second or third best 22 ammo in the world. @Gillie has done more extensive testing at longer range and has a different opinion I think.
    I use it in my hunting 22 for range shooting. I have shot rabbits with it - works OK if you go for the head.

It used to be you could go on line and enter the batch you were interested in and see its performance in several representative barrels. I found the comparison between that, Club and Eley sub sonic pretty well correlated with my own findings. Some Club is like Match and some batches are pretty mediocre.
    @kiwi303 thanks for the offer, it can be quite hard to obtain a lot of the time. I'm not shooting enough of it to justify a bigger stock up just now.

No worries mate.

I’ve seen pretty unreal ES (around 20) and some stupid small groups even at 100 with it. I haven’t batch tested yet but I do intend to.

It does kill pretty well but I try to use cheaper stuff on vermin…

Hey,
    I'm keen. PM'd you.
    Cheers