Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Bacon and egg pie question

Nah stuff that. Peas are good. And healthy! Fuck the system.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and big_foot like this.

I must say though. Very impressed with some members enthusiasm within this thread. Cheers lads.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Really ,

Christ , it sounds like some need to check , their MAN card , THERE is nothing BUT Bacon & Eggs in a B&E pie , thats why you call it a B&E pie .
    The only thing you can alter is the RATIO of the 2 ingrediants .
    ANYthing else is a QUICHE , end of story , so donot try and justify it , as you will just come across as GAY or a JAFA ,
    Dude last time I checked my man card I had 30 cube of hand split firewood in the shed and a 12 gauge pump action that has accounted for more species than a lot of hunters I know. I have a wife that respects me, 2 kids that idolize me and my problem solving technique is measured in increments of hammer size
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    Dude last time I checked my man card I had 30 cube of hand split firewood in the shed and a 12 gauge pump action that has accounted for more species than a lot of hunters I know. I have a wife that respects me, 2 kids that idolize me and my problem solving technique is measured in increments of hammer size
    Classic. Pure Gold! What more could a man want.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

A bit of wallaby shooting? How's it looking?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

anytime mate you bring the gun ill bring the pie!

Deal!! And I won't care what the straws are to the egg and bacon!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Haha yea just PM me whenever you wanna go out, this weekends booked up but other than thats shes an open schedule

Will do
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Will do
    Wallaby and swan egg pie??

Probably taste like hare pie?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

GWH
    A couple of years back, me and a mate did a road trip up the island heading for a motor racing event at Hampton Downs, north of Hamilton. We set off on a Friday morning with the plan of getting there in time to see some of the action on Friday afternoon.

I had just got one of these new fandangled GPS Navman thingymabobs so was keen to give it a whirl, and see what what way it took us. We set it to take some back roads and keep us off the main highways where possible, so we could see some new country, just because we could.

Well bugger me, it took us on a very strange route that seemed to take forever. At one point it took us through this tiny one horse town (didnt even have a pub) but there was a river with a swing bridge overlooking a hydro powder station (I think). Anyway i digress....

This tiny town had a little old cafe (if my memory serves me correctly the building was the original butchers back in the day), anyway i digress again....

We had been driving for what seemed like an age, so we stopped at this cafe to stretch the legs, grab a much needed coffee, and ask someone where the fuck we were! Anyway while in there i spotted these totally unbelievable looking slices of Bacon and Egg pie, i'm quite fond of the old B&E pie, and believe me i have seen nothing like this before!!!

So my mate and I grabbed a piece each to take away with our coffee. Well OMG! this B&E pie was simply incredible, big deep dish pie, it was quite unlike any other B&E pie i had even eaten, it wasnt dry, but quite moist, it had the most incredible flavors happening.

In fact it was so good, my mate and I could stop talking about how great it was, that we took particular interest at what was actually in it, so we could try to get our good wives to replicate it.

As well as whole eggs and streaky bacon, it also included onion, tomato, cheese of some sort, and the super special ingredient that made this B&E pie like no other i had ever had the please of tasting.......it had blobs of basil pesto dribbled through it, simply incredible!

Anyway we finally made it to the Motor racing track, the weekend passed all good and well, but the highlight of the trip was most definitely our chance find of the best bacon and egg pie in the World!!!

We returned home to our families, and told them the story of this wonderful culinary delight we had the good fortune of discovering.

A couple of months later i was about to leave for a red roar trip (drive in camp) so i wanted to have a crack at replicating the Worlds best B&E pie. So I set to it, and with a bit of guidance from the Mrs 30 eggs later we turned out this ........

Name:  DSC01970.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  234.4 KBName:  DSC01972.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  219.3 KB

And if i don't say so myself, it was bloody good!! and the boys all raved about it too, and it got polished off pretty quick

GWH
    I don't care if you think im GAY, or call me a Jaffa, or maybe even a GAY JAFFA, you havnt lived until you have tried a bit of this best bacon and egg pie in the World!

PS. If anyone knows that little town i mentioned above, next time you're passing though, stop in and see if that cafe is still operating, and if there is an awesome looking B&E pie in the cabinet, be sure to grab a piece!

Great story GWH
    Looks like a quiche
    Best think about a B&E pie is that they are better cold than warm and make a good first day camp meal with lashing of Watties
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Best think about a B&E pie is that they are better cold than warm and make a good first day camp meal with lashing of Watties
    You'd make Dundee a good wife if the job wasn't taken