Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Blue Cheese Sauce for ya Veni

Blue Cheese Sauce for ya Veni

There is plenty of blue cheese haters out there so if you can’t stand the toe jam smelling mouldy cheese then you need not continue reading.
    Me on the other hand, god damn I love it! I personally believe it is the greatest sauce to go with a nice venison or beef steak.

Anyway pretty simple to make…

Bring 1 cup of cream to a slow boil in a pot on the stove top. Crumble a whole wedge of blue cheese in to the cream, mix it in on a low/medium heat.
    Add a handful of chopped parsley, then a splash of white wine. No salted need as the blue is salty enough once reduced, do add a little cracked pepper.

Reduce it down on a low heat till it thickens up & begins to hang off the spoon a bit.

Let it cool slightly, then lay it heavy on the veni!

Enjoy.

if someone asks for sauce to go with steak in my house,they are deprived of meal and a supermarket sausage is offered if not a slice of dog roll....
    but yeah that sounds good.
    Swanny, Billbob and shananah like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Can't go past a creamy Castello blue

Will try this
    shananah likes this.

I make mine with mushrooms, onion and just half a wedge of blue cheese. Not as strong but non-believers soon learn to like it.

If I wanted my food mouldy.........
    RUMPY and Barry the hunter like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Wow! Who would have thought that sauce could divide us like this?

I do a thin bechemel (white sauce) and add grated mushroom and blue cheese once the mushroom has cooked. Freshly ground black pepper goes in last. This also works with cheddar instead of blue cheese for those with more delicate palletes. Versatile and delicious!

i was ok till parsley!!
    yuch!

Had Venni burgers Sunday night...topped off with crumbly BLUE....awesome.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by JesseYoung View Post
    I personally believe it is the greatest sauce to go with a nice venison or beef steak.

Anyway pretty simple to make…

Bring 1 cup of cream to a slow boil in a pot on the stove top. Crumble a whole wedge of blue cheese in to the cream, mix it in on a low/medium heat.
    Add a handful of chopped parsley, then a splash of white wine. No salted need as the blue is salty enough once reduced, do add a little cracked pepper.

Reduce it down on a low heat till it thickens up & begins to hang off the spoon a bit.
    This has my personal seal of bloody yum, and I offer a sight variation to the recipe, that may provide additional enjoyment.

With either a fried/seared steak or a roast, take any juices left over (not any fat swimming on top- enough fat in the cream and cheese) and mix some, into the finished Blue cheese sauce.

The colour will change but the flavour will be enhanced.

Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Wow! Who would have thought that sauce could divide us like this?
    I figgure I hunted deer down,shot it,carried the hua for goodness knows how long and far,cut it up with care ,aged it with worried frown,then thawed it seasoned it and cooked it wit hall the love n attention I can..the least a person could do is try it as Ive presented it

medium rare steak on buttered bread with salt and a little pepper is absolutely devine food
    yo uhave to eat it outside as butter n juices drip off fingers n chin
    to me...this is how steak was meant to be eaten...and enjoyed....
    if you cant appreciate steak like this,yo umay as well be a vegan!!!!
    gave my last boss a backsteak and rump steak both still in whole muscle form,from a fat fallow hind shot 3 hours earlier..the bastard casseroled it!!!!!!!!
    I nearly spewed when heard that...last time he got anything from me.
    Bol Tackshin and tamamutu like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Banned
    Venny burgers get a lift with a smatter of blue cheese, so I am thinking the sauce might be even better. How does Horse radish combine with Blue Cheese, anyone tried ?

@Micky Duck - I would gladly sit down for buttered bread and good steak - one of the sublime pleasures in life is a well aged steak, cooked to perfection, served without adulterants. Sometimes, however, when the meat is average, it can be lifted on the wings of a good sauce. Casserole may be a step too far though!
    Beaker, Micky Duck and 2post like this.

That made me laugh'
    Some people i give stuff to only get it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I figgure I hunted deer down,shot it,carried the hua for goodness knows how long and far,cut it up with care ,aged it with worried frown,then thawed it seasoned it and cooked it wit hall the love n attention I can..the least a person could do is try it as Ive presented it

medium rare steak on buttered bread with salt and a little pepper is absolutely devine food
    gave my last boss a backsteak and rump steak both still in whole muscle form,from a fat fallow hind shot 3 hours earlier..the bastard casseroled it!!!!!!!!
    Bol Tackshin and Micky Duck like this.

I know what ya mean Mickey Duck - gave a Boss once some aged fallow and the bloody idiot marinated it in balsamic vinegar and had the bloody cheek to tell me it was not very nice
    Bol Tackshin and Micky Duck like this.

Thanks for constructive criticism
    I'm not quite ready to go vegan for adding a sauce to a dish just yet.
    I understand that it can be overwhelming and intimidating to try new things, but it's also a great way to experience something new and have fun, What idea do you have for trying something new?? Maybe start small - like adding a new spice to a dish you like or trying a new cuisine.
    Nar just playing with you mate, no hard feelings, different strokes for different folks