Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree13073Likes

Thread: Dinner thread?

This is my "game" meal. I need fat, iron, minerals and vitamin A, B...This is hard to come by these days, I hunted for awhile in my city cycle.
    Pig guts, lungs, fried Tofu, hard bread, and particularly the intestines. Disgusting eh?
    Name:  LuZhu.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  302.9 KB

Western foods was my daily in NZ, but like to know where those leg bones as well guts of cow or deer goes to?
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    This is my "game" meal. I need fat, iron, minerals and vitamin A, B...This is hard to come by these days, I hunted for awhile in my city cycle.
    Pig guts, lungs, fried Tofu, hard bread, and particularly the intestines. Disgusting eh?
    Attachment 196079

Western foods was my daily in NZ, but like to know where those leg bones as well guts of cow or deer goes to?
    Pigs intestine is one thing that I've tried a couple of times, and there will not be a third time.....

However, I like the concept of this.
    300CALMAN and Black Rabbit like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Pigs intestine is one thing that I've tried a couple of times, and there will not be a third time.....

It’s the tofu that puts me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post

You have to clear intestine repeatedly with baking soda and white vinegar, leave it overnight or couple hours before cooking. Game pig is better than those farmed, it `s not that fat, and less smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    Attachment 196079

Intestine and tripe looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to prepare. I enjoy singapore pig organ soup when I am there, really nice. Never tried lungs. For some reason I am more put off by lungs than intestines, not sure why. But yeah more people need to eat at least liver, such a good super food very rich in good stuff. Apparently you can buy liver pills, maybe for people who want the benefits without having to eat it.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  38.1 KB
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Mrs Shearer is away so keeping it simple tonight. Melt in the mouth venison back steak sandwich with home grown lettuce and tomatoe.
    Name:  IMG_3132[1].JPG
Views: 227
Size:  2.47 MB
    Tahr, veitnamcam, Beaker and 6 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Nope. Call me weak stomached but I draw line at heart, well cleaned casings for sausage, and rarely liver/kidneys with bacon.

Lungs - solid pass.

To each their own though aye
    JessicaChen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    Intestine and tripe looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to prepare. I enjoy singapore pig organ soup when I am there, really nice. Never tried lungs. For some reason I am more put off by lungs than intestines, not sure why. But yeah more people need to eat at least liver, such a good super food very rich in good stuff. Apparently you can buy liver pills, maybe for people who want the benefits without having to eat it
    I prefer eat really food to get those supplements for my body. just like V-D even you ate 10,000 units daily the intake is less than fully exposed to sun for 20 minutes.
    JessicaChen likes this.

Venison tataki using the tenderloin and an extremely sad excuse of a salad. I was torn between this, or a tartare.

The meat was dipped in dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper then seared on high heat for about 15 seconds per side and then thrown in the freezer for 15 mins to cool down.
    Dipping sauce on the side (not shown) was made of soysauce, lime juice, vinegar, rice wine, sesame oil, and brown sugar.
    Im a fan of sashimi and beef tartare so decided to try something similar with my red spiker, worked out well even though it was late and i quickly whipped it up as I was craving it. Really really really enjoyable.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  186.2 KB

Mouth watering

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    Venison tataki using the tenderloin and an extremely sad excuse of a salad. I was torn between this, or a tartare.

The meat was dipped in dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper then seared on high heat for about 15 seconds per side and then thrown in the freezer for 15 mins to cool down.
    Dipping sauce on the side (not shown) was made of soysauce, lime juice, vinegar, rice wine, sesame oil, and brown sugar.
    Im a fan of sashimi and beef tartare so decided to try something similar with my red spiker, worked out well even though it was late and i quickly whipped it up as I was craving it. Really really really enjoyable.

Attachment 196260
    Cooking is a mixed tech with chemistry and physics,. Some cooky (Not you, you got ideas) spent all their life on the job but never learnt and earned this.

Wife is out for dinner with friends so did some veni sausages with undercooked onions, mashed potatoes which were a bit runny from too much milk, veges and gravy. Still delicious and the boys ate it all up.

Name:  Screenshot_20220507-190330_Gallery.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  1.26 MB

Happy mothers day !!

Had mum and dad over for a hunter/ gatherer extravaganza tonight

Pellet smoked venison, kahawai oka, chamois patties, scampi and smoked rainbow trout.

All demolished now, full as a bull

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Sausage and five veg
    Was in Coles,all condiments in the van over four years old,thought yeah,nah.beer is drinkable too
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    veitnamcam and tamamutu like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Tonight a meal even @gonetropo would approve of
    Duck nuggies and duck poppas served with crosscut fries and chilli sauce.

Name:  20220511_180904.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  4.34 MB
    #DANNYCENT