Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Goat preparation?

vasline as a lube is a big no no.
    tried it once and came 3 times in the shower trying to wash it off
    Paddy79 and Ftx325 like this.

treat goat meat like lamb.....dont cook too long as will dry out as very lean...streaky bacon great idea.

agree 100% on adding extra flavour afterwards...if I serve up venison steak and someone asks for sauce...the steak is removed and replaced with slice of dog roll..... I stalked it,shot it,carried it out,cut it up,bagged it ,froze it and more than likely cooked it.....if you want to cover it in sauce FCUK OFF and eat elsewhere.....wee bit of masterfoods steak seasoning or garlic steak seasoning when cooking is plenty enough seasoning for this K1W1.
    7mmwsm, GWH, Pengy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Jamaican Jerked Goat.
    Arabian Whole Roast Goat.
    Punjab Goat Curry.

These are just too good to not try just because you donít like preservatives...

Iím always a great advocate for looking at ways to prepare different meat animals from countries where that specific species is the main food source. Seriously, the Arabian whole goat is bloody great.

But hereís the thing. One of the absolute best meat and veg meals I ever had was a goat and mutton hangi in the bush a couple of years ago, proper style. Thereís a great Kiwi way to do goat and thatís it! An industrial strength railway tracks and rocks hangi, complete with ash and charcoal on the side. Loved it.
    And tinfoil dont forget that wonderful on the fillings.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    treat goat meat like lamb.....dont cook too long as will dry out as very lean...streaky bacon great idea.

agree 100% on adding extra flavour afterwards...if I serve up venison steak and someone asks for sauce...the steak is removed and replaced with slice of dog roll..... I stalked it,shot it,carried it out,cut it up,bagged it ,froze it and more than likely cooked it.....if you want to cover it in sauce FCUK OFF and eat elsewhere.....wee bit of masterfoods steak seasoning or garlic steak seasoning when cooking is plenty enough seasoning for this K1W1.
    Give them their dog roll and say, you want shit on your food, have it on shit.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

We have our goat meat cubed in a casserole and thrown in the crockpot for 6-8 hrs slow cooking.
    Be-ut-tiful. Hardly need to chew.....
    First time we fed it too the kids they refused to eat it when told it was goat. Finally coaxed them to try it and both ended up having three helpings. Now whenever we have it I have to put some aside if I want any for lunch next day because there's never leftovers...
    Micky Duck likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Goat is good, especially when Fijians cook it

MB
    Decided to keep the skin on in the chiller for 5 days. Skinned tonight and packaged up. Looks good.

GWH likes this.