Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Le cerf sent très mauvais

And you put this in "game cooking and recipes"?

Brilliant write up @Flyblown. Maybe I can add a title.

Hold breath, run for Brexit!

My wife thanks you for the good laugh from me reading out the tale to her.
    Last edited by Cordite; 14-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.

I made a pie last night with left over roast venison that been a week in the fridge before cooking, and a week in it after. No I'll effects
    Not in the Frenchies league though.

Banned
    Tres bien.
    I met two young French blokes about to go hunting up the Caples. They were living out of the back of their truck as well. I wonder if it was the same guys. They offered me coffee, and then I had to drink some - all of us sharing the same cup. I demonstrated all the French swearwords I knew which they thought hilarious.

prob no different to the rotten corn or crayfish my nan loved or the kina that id sit in a container in the fridge for her for a week or two before giving it to her
    apparently its delish if you can get past the smell??

I wonder what they'll get for the hilux when they try to sell it.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

@Flublown great write up...just had a talk to the Mrs Sideshow. Looks like they don’t have a direct translation from English into French for the term “Flyblown” when we go back to Bora Bora I’ll ask the locals if they have one
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Love the “Stag don’t smell so good”! For the title
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

A serious chance of food poisoning or botulism

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    And you put this in "game cooking and recipes"? Brilliant write up @Flyblown! So... Brexit?
    Brexit? Brexit in one sentence:

Theresa May is playing a very cunning long game to ensure Brexit doesn't happen, against the will of the people, as she is a Remainer.

There, that's all you need to know. I couldn't reallygive a shit either way. I'm going over there for a month soon, shall be doing my best to wind up as many Remainers and Brexiteers as possible! I have both in the family, should be quite entertaining.

Back to food. I think the rankest, vilest, most revolting sick enducing thing I've ever eaten was surströmming - fermented rotten fish out of a can. Its Swedish I think but I had it in Canada in NWT as a rite of passage of sorts. I will never forget it.

As for smelly meat, I've had my fair share of marginal meat around the world - there was a dish of rotten donkey gristle served to us in Tanzania once that was particularly memorable. I do remember the rotting pheasants hung in the shed when I was a kid, my grandpa was the only one who would eat them like that. His favourite tripe and onions was pretty bloody bad too.

In Rwanda we visited the local market on a Monday, and a cattle beast had been killed that morning and hung up in the open, the "butcher" would hack off a random lump with his machete and pop it in a used plastic bag for the customer... The flies would jump off as the machete landed, then jump right back on again.

We went back on the Friday and the same beast was still there, being hacked at, only now it was proper smelly. I asked the bitcher how long it would stay there. "Until it is all gone" was the answer. Refrigerator? What's that again? Oh yes, its the machine for keeping the Coca Cola cold. Wouldn't even have occurred to them to refrigerate the meat!
    Just...say...the...word

Good story.
    I am not sure that mouche soufflée is the proper therm.
    Yes I wonder how those guys got their guns, because there is nothing to hunt practically in Tahiti . But they might have a shooting range of some sort?
    Even in New Caledonia they go pretty quick at cutting their deer because meet can go off so fast .

Two frenchmen walk along the beach, there is a dead whale, all puffed up, gas coming out of all orifices and every scratch in the skin.

Frenchman 1 goes up, pulls off a fluffy piece and starts eating it. Halfway though his delicatesse he looks up and notices frenchman 2 looking at him, as if he's up to something. He feels a bit uncomfortable. "You not going to partake, mon Ami?" "No, no no! I like warm food, I wait till you throw up."
    gonetropo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Two frenchmen walk along the beach, there is a dead whale, all puffed up, gas coming out of all orifices and every scratch in the skin.

Frenchman 1 goes up, pulls off a fluffy piece and starts eating it. Halfway though his delicatesse he looks up and notices frenchman 2 looking at him, as if he's up to something. He feels a bit uncomfortable. "You not going to partake, mon Ami?" "No, no no! I like warm food, I wait till you throw up."
    That's it. I shall never eat again...it's nothing but whisky from here on in!
    223nut, Flyblown and Max Headroom like this.

Was told this one by a Maori guy on the east coast Nth Island.
    As a boy when it came time to kill the house mutton this Maori chap would have to hold the small intestines between his fingers while his old man put one end in his mouth and started sucking and eating it while all the stuff inside got squissed back wards behind his fingers and out on the ground.
    He stated that when it was his turn he just couldn't do it and his Dad would shake his head in shame and say'' cant believe your my boy''.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    That's it. I shall never eat again...it's nothing but whisky from here on in!
    I had no idea that it was a food group.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I had no idea that it was a food group.
    It can be...think barley, corn,rye and wheat. I'm trying a squirt of tomato sauce in my third glass as we speak. Delish, should have thought of this ages ago.