Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By johnd
  • 1 Post By Quicknock
  • 2 Post By Joe_90
  • 2 Post By zeropak

Thread: sausage stuffer

sausage stuffer

Have been making a few sausages and salamis though a cheapy mincer and going forward am going to buy something a Little more efficient. Likely to only be doing 10kg-15kg per batch.

Any recommendations on a good machine that isn't going to be a pain to use for stuffing the cases?

Get something that is vertical, they seem to hold more. I have a small horizontal stuffer that does the job but if you are doing 10 kg plus at a time it needs refilling. Something with a wide mouth so you can really chuck the meat in it to help with keeping air out of the mix. Look at a few youtube clips of various brands being used.
    A proper dedicated stuffer is much better than running the meat back through a mincer with an attachment, as you have more control on how much force is being applied to the casings and how full you are getting them.

I just did a quick flick back through the posts and there is one I started a few years back, on P6, in it you can see photos of my horizontal stuffer.
    I tink toward the end of the thread theres a vid of making links if thats of any use to you.
    Last edited by johnd; 23-04-2023 at 03:09 PM.
    quicksilver likes this.

Thanks for that plenty of tips and info in that thread. Looks like you've got it down to a bit of an art

Was looking at the zeropak vertical 3 or 5 litre options and they look well made has anyone used one?

@zeropak is a forum member, send him a message and he could probably tell you what sets the stuffers he sells apart from the others.

I am saving up to buy one also, I recon go the 7L the less you have to fill it the better.
    quicksilver likes this.

I got one of their vacuum sealers, great to deal with.

When you start making sausages you'll quickly realise you need a bigger ______. Just everything bigger. A 7L vertical stuffer is what I use, less bench footprint and easier to store. Have found clamping it to the bench makes it easier. Then I can crank the handle with one hand and control the off feed with the other hand.
    Micky Duck and quicksilver like this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

I keep meaning to make one of these. Still on the "to do" list. Which gets longer by the day.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/th...-parts.117135/

we did it for 10 years or more,then recently said bugger it,gave meat to butcher plus $8-10 per kilo and it comes back all done for us,neatly bagged up in 4 or 6 per bag...too easy.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    I keep meaning to make one of these. Still on the "to do" list. Which gets longer by the day.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/th...-parts.117135/
    I would hate to make a list of all the to-do's. It would put me off trying to do them all. Looks like it would do the trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    we did it for 10 years or more,then recently said bugger it,gave meat to butcher plus $8-10 per kilo and it comes back all done for us,neatly bagged up in 4 or 6 per bag...too easy.
    That takes all the fun out of it. Let me know if you've got a stuffer you need to get rid of

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Have been making a few sausages and salamis though a cheapy mincer and going forward am going to buy something a Little more efficient. Likely to only be doing 10kg-15kg per batch.

Any recommendations on a good machine that isn't going to be a pain to use for stuffing the cases?
    Pm me I'll sort a forum member deal out for you. New stock landed yesterday.
    quicksilver and Joe_90 like this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Reminds me of the butchery apprentice who was found with his "male member" stuck in the sausage stuffer. He and she were both fired.