Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What to do with duck

my go to/all time favourite way to do a whole duck is this
    cook a corned beef in crock pot...golden syrup on top etc etc...yumho and mustard sauce just tops it off nicely..cold stuff awesome for sammis...however I diverse.... take your hot corned beef out of crock pot and carve for your good lady...eat your dinner like a good chap,maybe even do dishes THEN get frozen duck from freezer,take out of bag and plonk it holis bolis in the crockpot till containing the juices/water you cooked corned beef in...add a little more water if its not enough to cover duck.put lid on and forget about it...next morning as you head out door for work flick switch onto low and forget about it...by the time you return from work it will be falling off the bones,you will need a holy serving spoon to remove it from crockpot.... simply devine and any left over mustard sauce isnt bad with it either...parrie works like this....
    Russian 22. and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxton View Post
    Mix fresh ginger and plum sauce
    Marinate 1-2 cm slices of breast in mix overnight in fridge
    Bbq/fry to your taste of deadness
    Serve with crispy noodles and fresh salad
    I have some cranberry sauce. will give it a go!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Cooking now.

Will report back later

dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    my go to/all time favourite way to do a whole duck is this
    cook a corned beef in crock pot...golden syrup on top etc etc...yumho and mustard sauce just tops it off nicely..cold stuff awesome for sammis...however I diverse.... take your hot corned beef out of crock pot and carve for your good lady...eat your dinner like a good chap,maybe even do dishes THEN get frozen duck from freezer,take out of bag and plonk it holis bolis in the crockpot till containing the juices/water you cooked corned beef in...add a little more water if its not enough to cover duck.put lid on and forget about it...next morning as you head out door for work flick switch onto low and forget about it...by the time you return from work it will be falling off the bones,you will need a holy serving spoon to remove it from crockpot.... simply devine and any left over mustard sauce isnt bad with it either...parrie works like this....
    you lost me at plum sauce

Gotta try this one , mate cooked me up a feed this year , its so simple youd think it wouldn't work , put 4-6 breasts in a oven bag , put dollops of marmalade ontop & smear over , put in oven with a finger size hole so the bag can vent on 160 for 1-1.5 hrs , simple & bloody good , the marmalade melts & turns into a liquid .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    you lost me at plum sauce
    no plum sauce in my cooking bud?????

I cooked up a few last night. Turned out really well. Bit gamey but I like that.

Trying a honey soy garlic marinade tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Breakfast recipe.......

( If you come across any shot holes in the breast, follow the hole and extract any shot you may find. It will save on dentist bills)
    The only good thing about steel shot is its easier to find. Run a magnet over your duck and you find them pretty quickly.

Yer, well I can see the need for a lot of spices to boost the flavour of the duck up as in AKL they are flat ready for pizza on the road or stuffing down lots of stale bread, oven ready?. Now if they are not doing that to add flavour , , they are making like seagulls and eating crabs on the mud flats to get that lovely seabird flavour. If you want the good taste get a Pukeko!!!!.
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    Yer, well I can see the need for a lot of spices to boost the flavour of the duck up as in AKL they are flat ready for pizza on the road or stuffing down lots of stale bread, oven ready?. Now if they are not doing that to add flavour , , they are making like seagulls and eating crabs on the mud flats to get that lovely seabird flavour. If you want the good taste get a Pukeko!!!!.
    Everyone says a boiled rock is better than pukeko