Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whitebait Condiments

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by petree View Post
    i love the the bannter about white baiting every one has differnet idears of what they are.i spent 5 years learning about them and growing them up,they are actualy the juveniles stage of 5 natvie fish part of the galaxiid family inanga would make up most of the white bait catch then ther are koaro and the are the ones that climb out of ya bucket they are all so known to climb out of the water up waterfalls ,then thers the Banded kokopu he also climbs but not as good,and shortjaw kokopu is one of the rearest if not the most rear out of the 5 ,and the bigest and have know to get as big as 500mm is the gaint kokopu and hes mostly found on the west cost of the south island,this would explain the different taste i would say,sorry for the banter but i love to spreed the word of these miss understood fish that has no protection so catch only what u can eat,
    but back on to the subjet i love it when its st8 out of the water in to a egg and on to a hot plate real butter on the bread and salt mmmmmm.o man cant wait to the river drops and i can start building the stand.
    Cheers petree. That all good to know mate. I would give out our familys secret recipe but I would be shot on site if I did.
    My late mate Morgan Saxton cooked some of the best patties I ever tasted and he took his secret with him.

Cheers petree
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I do prefer the HB smelts to the local whitebait...alot more flavour...

Petree it is the freshwater flounders that I find fascinating and beautiful...often see them up the local rivers when out with dogs or fishing...really cool!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    I do prefer the HB smelts to the local whitebait...alot more flavour...

Petree it is the freshwater flounders that I find fascinating and beautiful...often see them up the local rivers when out with dogs or fishing...really cool!!
    yer for sure they would be the yellow belly flounder,all the native frash water fish are pretty cool even the ceepy look eels are interesting as in they dont breed in nz but thats a whole new subject,would any1 on here be keen on a exchange on whitebait stands or even a chance to go whitebaiting with you and ill take you out 1 weekend with me?