Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 2-Stroketastic!!!

7mmsaum and gadgetman like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

The frame I picked up didn't quite live up to the trademe description...but beggars can't be choosers. These aren't that easy to come across in NZ.

So rather than dwell on negatives, I welded up the broken bits, and stress fractures.

Next came a trial fit, a few extra holes were needed. And with the magic of a mig welder and a grinder...a few holes disappeared!

Next will be to send the frame off to get some type of coating. Toying with ideas, but thinking out loud something like HPC coating?

I've got to figure out forks and some form of head set arrangement to hold it in place. Handle bars will then be the next headache. But I like a project and an idea (cheap idea) will come to mine

Kj
    veitnamcam, Beaker, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Powdercoat it, add some clamps and a Renthal bar hahaha trick as
    kimjon and deadidick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Awesome I love 2 Strokes!!!

You have to post a video of it going

My tally so far (now all gone):

GT200 Suzuki
    S3 400 Kawasaki
    H1 500 Kawasaki
    RZ 350 Yamaha

various outboards and lawnmowers

You need to add a rotary to that list

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    You need to add a rotary to that list
    @longrange308 you don't even know me and you want to kill me?
    Had a good go at that once on a motorbike. Drive slow 4x4s and family cars now, call me a pussy but it keeps me above ground. Still temped to buy a nice slow motorbike like a firestorm or TRX850 or maybe a 250 2 stroke trail bike

Frame all finished. Found more stress cracks, drilled holes in the ends of the cracks (old trick, logic being that a crack will stop at a hole) then ground out a v into the crack and welded it all back again. Finally ground the welds back flush and you'd never know any different.

I took it all back to bear metal, and dropped it off at local car painters for a coat of etch primer and some 2 pak paint. I looked at other options briefly...then thought paint is as good as anything else, and secondly it is just a big kids scooter after all, not a show car.

Kj
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    RD400 ,,, perhaps ?
    Definitely, with the coffin gas tank and flat seat... the one that doesn't hold your butt on the bike as you accelerate wildly down the street!

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Frame all finished. Found more stress cracks, drilled holes in the ends of the cracks (old trick, logic being that a crack will stop at a hole) then ground out a v into the crack and welded it all back again. Finally ground the welds back flush and you'd never know any different.

I took it all back to bear metal, and dropped it off at local car painters for a coat of etch primer and some 2 pak paint. I looked at other options briefly...then thought paint is as good as anything else, and secondly it is just a big kids scooter after all, not a show car.

Kj
    @kimjon stop teasing us your photos don't work, says you image was linked incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    @kimjon stop teasing us your photos don't work, says you image was linked incorrectly.
    Hmmm, I can see them. But I'm viewing it on a phone. Wonder what's going wrong?

I milled up this plate too. The rear fender was snapped of the frame, I could have replaced it like for like...but I had this idea in my head for something a little different.

I think I will look the part once final assembly takes place.

Kj

How is the mill going?

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    How is the mill going?
    Awesome! It completes me

awesome stuff. love my 2 bangers, had 2x rgv250, one race one road 2x rx7s, cr125s,250s kx500 the list goes on lol.
    cant wait to see it finished

just mount it on a surf board like those thai kids do and clock 140km/hr

Started the motor for the first time today. It roared into life with relative ease. I soon realised it was starving for air, so tore it down again looking for reasons why. Didn't take long to see why, the velocity stack had an internal diameter of 15.4mm, but the carb internal diameter is 19mm!

I bored out the inside, then while it was dialed true in the lathe, thought I'd contour the shape to aid flow. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Kj
    StrikerNZ and Beaker like this.