Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Building a chiller

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I have a chiller unit I am selling on behalf of a guy who has left the country...for some reason I can't load the photos...it is in two pieces [pipes cut and crimped]...the outside unit is a Danfoss, made in Germany...230 volt single phase...R404A [gas]...letters and numbers on unit are, CE2523 SCIOCL...measures 550 x 400 x 260H.
    Inside chiller unit is Kirby KC401...230 volt 33 watts...measures 410 x 390 x 120H.
    The guy said before he left that both units are in good working order and I have no reason to doubt his word.
    Not looking for a fortune for it...make me an offer...keep in mind I cant guarantee anything...I can deliver easily to Hamilton, Tauranga, Coromandel for the cost of fuel...further afield with a bit of umming & arhing.
    ^ ^ ^

As a guide the above is a good little unit. 1/3HP compressors (about 800W refrigeration) as is the evaporator (490W nominal).
    Not a perfect match but its hard with the smaller gear to get spot on.
    New cost price is around $1400.00 + GST. This is the gear only. No pipe, installation, thermostat or electrical etc. I'd allow at least $500 to install or a good night on the gas. Depends on the electrical gear supplied.
    Would work on a small chiller box, with about 2 red carcasses max.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    If anyone needs I can supply a direct drop in chiller refrigeration package. You just supply the box and cut a hole in the top to fit. They are commercial packages that require nothing other than having a hole made and the unit dropped in. Like the window AC option but way better. They are not cheap though at around $5K inc GST.

Ive got a 1.8x1.8x5 meter tunnel of polly panel if anyone wants it. 120mm thick I think I brought it for making a chiller but im off to the south island now soo..... located whakamaru

Have not got a door, but have panel suited. Just thinking about whether fridge or aircon would be better. Aircon should be dryer, shouldn't it, juts need to fake the thermostat to keep it running?

Not really interested in buying one as it a heap more fun to build your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Got a door? Thats the hard part( and pricey).
    I'll try to build one from panel and flashings, and sort out some type of seal.