Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: DIY Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Cool, did you get any of his other original bits or will you make do with local bits and bobs?
    na i didnt, i didnt want to spend $90 on a eye piece. Will just use a jewellers loupe first or use an old scope. as for lens, im buying a cctv 1:1.4 of aliexexpress, about $40 landed

I can highly recommend the PVS 2 eye piece. Image is very clear with it. Just go easy on your usage of it as the lens glass contains decaying Thorium 232, which emits alpha and weak gamma. Should be fine for infrequent use.

Ejected
    Going to have to order the parts tomorrow, this project is just too cool!

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    will be stoked if it is, looks like some sort of hashed reticle for holdover maybe... cool.

Can the tube be damaged from to much direct light when its not connected to power source?
    Yes the Gen1 tubes are very suseptable to light damage even when not connected to a power souse. Damage will usually be a dimming of the usefull emited picture to the stage of total fade out.
    Had it happen to a clients Night Scope once with a Gen2 U.S MX9916 tube installed. He left it on the dashboard of his boat after a nights hunting , turned off with the batteries out. The front lens cover got knocked off in the dark and the scope watched the sun come up........... Stuffed tube.
    You may have an emprinted reticule at the back end of the tube but thats unusual. I cannot rember if the PVS-2 has internal sight ajustment of was an Eclan mount arrangment.
    The only draw back of the PVS-2 was the size of the thing at about 7 pounds and like mounting a Dog roll on top of you rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Yes the Gen1 tubes are very suseptable to light damage even when not connected to a power souse. Damage will usually be a dimming of the usefull emited picture to the stage of total fade out.
    Had it happen to a clients Night Scope once with a Gen2 U.S MX9916 tube installed. He left it on the dashboard of his boat after a nights hunting , turned off with the batteries out. The front lens cover got knocked off in the dark and the scope watched the sun come up........... Stuffed tube.
    You may have an emprinted reticule at the back end of the tube but thats unusual. I cannot rember if the PVS-2 has internal sight ajustment of was an Eclan mount arrangment.
    The only draw back of the PVS-2 was the size of the thing at about 7 pounds and like mounting a Dog roll on top of you rifle.
    Thanks for the tips mate. Yip its definitely got a reticle of sorts with 7.62/Xxx printed under it. Obviously callibrated for 7.62

Ok my tube works. Makes an awesome whinning sound when it turns on haha

Ejected
    Got a link for the lens you ordered? Cctv one

50mm F1.4 CCTV TV Movie Lens c mount for sony nex NEX6 NEX 5R NEX F3 NEX 5N NEX 7-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

havent ordered yet, wanted to make sure tube arrived and worked. will do it today

Ejected
    Want to grab me one please and go faster mail and split the cost?

Tools not Toys
    I am following this with great interest, I have pestered Tasbay a few times about NV gear so am very excited to give this a go. Ordered one of Julian's tubes just now. One thing I have picked up on is that some tubes are "nos" and some aren't, "nos" meaning new on the shelf or unissued. Julian's are "nos" and tested as working and I don't know if the same goes for the Israeli ones or other UK ones. May be something to watch for. Great work for shedding some light on the subject Beavis, thanks. Also do you guys use paypal??
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Want to grab me one please and go faster mail and split the cost?
    i can grab you one if you want mate but not keen on faster shipping, im in no rush and it costs quite a bit more

Tools not Toys
    Just ordered my lens, now the waiting game begins. I found a Computar 12.5-75mm f1.2 for $130 shipped. I hope its the go as everyone seems to have a fixed 75mm, but it is very fast!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    Just ordered my lens, now the waiting game begins. I found a Computar 12.5-75mm f1.2 for $130 shipped. I hope its the go as everyone seems to have a fixed 75mm, but it is very fast!!
    Nice mate will be far better than mine. I only have a f1.4 cctv one ordered. $40nzd landed with c mount so cant complain

Tools not Toys
    Nice mate will be far better than mine. I only have a f1.4 cctv one ordered. $40nzd landed with c mount so cant complain
    I have an addictive personality when it comes to things like this! On annual leave at the moment and meant to be studying but it seems seeing in the dark is more fun!!