Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Emergency Services Rescue Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Yep, perfect sense to me haha. I figured something like the sketch with a round tip would allow the point to slide rather than dig, and it's basically in line with the direction of force. I dunno, I don't have anything here to make one as a test hack but I think that design would work for it's purpose. My concern would be with the lifespan of the corner of the blade below the tip, as that would become the defacto levering and prying surface...
    I can still not work out how to post pics here of the nipple nosed knife you drew but have posted on the Bladesmiths forum where I have been posting for the last couple of years and the nipple nosed light rescue knife you mentioned is the last post on the page (8) that I have linked here for you.
    https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/ind...knives/page/8/

Knife weighs right on 150gm / 5 oz. Ifr I had the exact size of the elongated hole I could do that.