Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Harley bobber project

Test fit of oil tank, primary, gearbox....all works/fits as it should...yay... I can read dimensions...

Getting closer with each step.

Kj

Very cool,

ya need a cissy seat squire so homebrew &his side kick ol45/70 can be ya tailgunner! a sort of "goodbye porkpie x easyrider "produced by hunting&shooting productions. brads might take a little time out to play the sheila in the wrecking yard(yeah right).dundee would make an ideal cop not much difference driving a police holden vs farm tractor ,excepting farm tractor being of better qualiy!!
    kimjon likes this.

I've never met @BRADS...but can't imagine him been any good in that roll...

MSL
    Two bucks says your hanging out of him by wanganui

Oh Christ, goodbye pork pie on a chopper is sure going down a bad road...haha

Gotta say, I fucken hate Harleys....but I'm really enjoying this thread and watching the progress. I'm a signwriter is pocess about the same practical ability as a Moro bar. Awesome what your doing, great skills and something one off and unique to you. Just sold my Zx14, 300km/h, great brakes,handling and comfortable.....performance that is hard to describe but gotta admit what you're building is way cooler. Keep the progress and photos coming.

Cheers viper. I set myself a 2 year build time for this project. I thought that would be realistic as I'm not a wealthy person and I knew I'd have to do it as I could afford it...plus there is a shit load of work/hours that go into it behind the scenes. I don't post every monotonous detail, just the stuff that looks like progress...but as you can imagine there's a bit more to it than meets the eye.

I'm also not a mechanic, so I have to research and learn as I do it. I've gotta do the research, as I can't really afford to make costly mistakes and taking on a custom build is fraught with potential to buy part "A" only to find out it doesn't fit part "B". But that's the price of education and so far...so good.

Cheers for the encouragement, things are moving fast now...more updates to come

Kj
    Last edited by kimjon; 28-03-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    puku and Beaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Is there a reason why you wouldn't get the frame powder baked ? I know there is a bit of fucking about either masking or re finishing threads and bearing positions etc but still heaps easier ??
    I'm not convinced powder coating is the best option. I've seen some really shoddy jobs, where it's peeling off with obvious rust underneath.

I guess, there's powder coating...and there's powder coating! But from what I've seen I choose to paint, as I can do this myself and have the ability to touch it up if needed.

Prehaps if the prep work was done to the absolute extreme, powder coating may be the way....but yeah/nah I've seen way to many crap jobs, its scared me of the process to be honest.

Kj

Iv seen a 250hp 3.5l two stroke V8 outboard motor on trademe that would be a perfect shoehorn into there Kimjon

V8 EVENRUDE 2 STROKE OUTBOARD MOTOR 1992 | Trade Me
    kimjon likes this.

Got me thinking of doing one of these as my next project when I roll out the kingswood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    puku and kimjon like this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Got me thinking of doing one of these as my next project when I roll out the kingswood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kingswood...come on, tell us more
    puku and hamsav like this.

Be worth $60k now...yeah hindsight is a bitch eh!

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Kingswood...come on, tell us more
    Well Belmont actually
    74, sedan, still 202 with lumpy cam, exhaust, celica 5 speed. Lowered on cheviot triedents, I'm just in the process of fixing all the rust in her, witch some fucker had previously fibre bogged over making me think I was getting something better than I actually got!
    It's all good though, have to get it ready for my wedding in January so th pressure is on after the roar
    kimjon likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Another step in the right direction. Drive pulley looks like its just (as in shave a whisker off a nuns $@&# close!) going to clear the fender struts I made. But it clears, and it's all good news.

And the other side, I milled a slot in the brake caliper to match a tab on the frame. This locks the caliper, and stops it spinning around the axle when brakes are applied...but also allows it to "float" so I can move the wheel to tension the drive belt.

Kj
    Last edited by kimjon; 10-04-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    bully, Beaker and hamsav like this.