Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Help. Inletting a stock

I have made a stock for one of my rifles out of wood CF wrap and I have decided to make a set of CF stocks for the rest of my guns while I’m at it “3 tikkas and 3 howas” not wanting to spend a life time remaking the same stocks out of wood 6 times I am going to try to make a split mould so I can do my 6 rifles the same, having messed around with the action and a router/mill thought there has to be a better way to make the action inlet and keep it looking tidy. Iv come to the thought of making a silicon mould and pouring resin in with reinforced fibres/beads but can’t quite wrap my head around it. The other idea is to make an action blank that bolts together to make the build up of the action. Any other ideas or ways I could achieve this? I’m looking for light weight options as well as a quicker process than milling out lots of bits and trial fitting.

I'd be interested to see how you get on and your process, been thinking about doing similar

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I presume you have the actions for each respective rifle.
    You could carefully tape up one action electrical tape and apply release agent ( effectively making it “fatter” ) , and use it as a plug for making the inlet mould into the 3 stocks you have .
    You will need to have your reference points bang on before you “mould” it into place .