Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: New bunny gun excel arms accelerator 22wmr semi

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    got a link ?
    Don't think I can, it's by subscription I carried my printed one over last year. It says save for offline viewing so I might try that.
    https://nzguns.co.nz/guns/searching-...ifle-part-one/
    Last edited by Marty Henry; 25-09-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Don't think I can, it's by subscription I carried my printed one over last year. It says save for offline viewing so I might try that.
    I'd be keen to read it if possible, the rifle used for that review is the actual rifle I purchased from Ken at 55six, obviously has had a few rounds through it for the review but otherwise as new and backed by Ken with a full warranty.
    #DANNYCENT

can't read it without subscribing, will have to do that after work as I cannot access it through the work PC
    #DANNYCENT

Hi @dannyb , sorry mate I only just saw this thread, for some reason thought it would be posted in another part of the forum. Mate it looks the business and something a bit different. Good to see it's already showing potential even in the breaking in period.
    I will watch with interest.
    My Marlin 917 is about to be replaced also but I will stick to the 17HMR as it suits environments where I shoot better and the distances also .
    Currently looking at CZ or the semi Savage A17 . Getting a mix of good and bad reports on the A17 where the CZ is always highly rated................decisions.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Hi @dannyb , sorry mate I only just saw this thread, for some reason thought it would be posted in another part of the forum. Mate it looks the business and something a bit different. Good to see it's already showing potential even in the breaking in period.
    I will watch with interest.
    My Marlin 917 is about to be replaced also but I will stick to the 17HMR as it suits environments where I shoot better and the distances also .
    Currently looking at CZ or the semi Savage A17 . Getting a mix of good and bad reports on the A17 where the CZ is always highly rated................decisions.
    I had to think carefully about the CZ 512, I really wanted a semi but I don't think the savage is quite there in the semi platform as far as reliability.
    i think if the 512 tac wasn't such a pita to disassemble it would have made my decision a lot harder as the adjustable but stock was appealing to me as a taller fella.
    in the end I was sucked in by the bullpup design which makes it very handy, most of my bunny shooting is done from a vehicle and handling the rifle in and out of the truck was a pita with it being so long.
    have you thought about a 204 ruger ? that would make a killer long range bunny rig
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    https://nzguns.co.nz/guns/searching-...ifle-part-one/
    Can anyone give a brief summary of what is clearly an excellent review of these three rifles?

With the scope mount, I had an older remington 7600 some years ago and it had a Pecar(?) scope clamp that was built like a hinge. It would "flip" the scope to the side. I do not know how well it worked but it would mean you could access under the scope without removing it. Here is a diagram of how it worked. No idea what it was called, perhaps someone else can help.

Name:  Tip over.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  24.1 KB

nope I have been down the varmint centre fire route and it's not particle for me, my varminting work is all rimfire , makes life easier as farmers just buy me bricks at a time.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    With the scope mount, I had an older remington 7600 some years ago and it had a Pecar(?) scope clamp that was built like a hinge. It would "flip" the scope to the side. I do not know how well it worked but it would mean you could access under the scope without removing it. Here is a diagram of how it worked. No idea what it was called, perhaps someone else can help.

Attachment 150034
    the whole top comes off anyway so a bit of a thing, will just need to see how it goes as far as returning to zero after stripping it down, according the the nz gunz review there were no issues with it holding zero post stripping and re assembly.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    nope I have been down the varmint centre fire route and it's not particle for me, my varminting work is all rimfire , makes life easier as farmers just buy me bricks at a time.
    fair call
    #DANNYCENT

First evolution begins.....
    QR mount arrived today, it's a bit higher than the weaver mounts I had it in and makes for a much more comfortable cheek weld.

Name:  20200925_152215.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  4.79 MB
    csmiffy, Joe_90, Ftx325 and 1 others like this.
    #DANNYCENT

the wifes 6.5 grendell suppressor fits onto my new rossi 22 mag. i will ley ya know if it works. be interesting to compare he excel to it ( still jealous though)
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post

Attachment 150034
    My dad has something similar on a 35rem pump action apparently for bush hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Can anyone give a brief summary of what is clearly an excellent review of these three rifles?
    They all shoot well. It's only $5 to sign up for am month, we should support them.
    dannyb and Nathanfish like this.