Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Pointless, yet fun...

You should have used a much smaller gear above the wheel to make it really interesting!!
    res likes this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    My understanding is once you master riding one of these (and it is not easy) then you struggle o ride a "normal" bike. Once you get back into the swing of a normal bike you are shit again on these. Something to do with the way the brain works as I understand it.
    If you truly mastered it to the point you could use one as a pub crawl bike then that would probably be true.

Having got to the point I can ride one slowly around the block I'll say that it's about 15 min of playing on one to switch over "okish", a bit like swapping sides with your brakes for mtb-you can do it, especially if you do it a lot, but you will only ever be dialed with one or the other.

Everyone should try riding one as it's a real eye opener as to how much we rely on automatic actions rather than real time working through stuff
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Everyone should try riding one as it's a real eye opener as to how much we rely on automatic actions rather than real time working through stuff
    Interesting analogy to some firearms accidents too, where people haven't realised the mental shortcuts and assumptions they're making (ie with target ID) until its too late, and sometimes not even then.
    gadgetman, EeeBees and res like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Interesting analogy to some firearms accidents too, where people haven't realised the mental shortcuts and assumptions they're making (ie with target ID) until its too late, and sometimes not even then.
    I read somewhere that your eyes are only able to focus on about 20% of what we are able to see. The brain simply makes up the rest based on prior memory. So 80% of what we see, isn't actually "what we see".

It's no wonder we end up doing a double take from time to time, like last time I was up K-Road in Auckland...could have sworn it was a woman at first glance

FUN!!!?!!!