Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Fssprecision
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: A quick little job done

A quick little job done

I got another one through today, this little Thompson Centre 10/22 clone. The guy wanted it cut down, re-threaded and the fore sight moved back.

Have to say it came out really well and has made for a nice compact little unit.

Before anyone asks, yes, it is still over the legal limit with the suppressor removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bill999, 308, Tedz50 and 6 others like this.

so...did you bore out the spare bit of barrel and rethread the other end???? so he can make it a long version if wants too later on LOL...
    Joe_90 likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

You may be on to something there ha ha. Maybe I have the projectile spin the opposite way in the extension ha ha

nah just an oversized bore.....Ive often thought it would be nice for the centrefire,for the odd times I dont want suppressor to have a super lightweight extension tube to take blast further from ears...sort of like a 30" barrel used to be LOL....

I dunno that it makes a lot of difference having another 10" in terms of noise. Def knocks the muzzle flash and blast that you experience down a bit, but the noise factor is still there just about 0.0003sec longer before it hits your ears...

I seemed to have come across some chap who had done what MD is talking about... from memory i think it was Nimrod on the old forum.

The extension was bored out just enough that the bullet when fired wouldn't strike the side of the barrel/tube where one of the positive effects was an increase in velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    I dunno that it makes a lot of difference having another 10" in terms of noise. Def knocks the muzzle flash and blast that you experience down a bit, but the noise factor is still there just about 0.0003sec longer before it hits your ears...
    oh it makes a shit ton of difference..... fire two firearms the same but for barrel length and the longer barrel SEEMS quieter by a large margin...possibly better burn inside tube,possibly the blast is further away,possibly the ANGLE id better,steeper so blast doesnt come back the same...but it makes a shit ton of difference... Ihad tw oastra cyclope barrels...one at 28" and one that a young fella stuck down rabbit hole to blast bunny with....that was pruned back to just past legal minimum to get rid of split....and the long barrel is pleasant to fire,the shorty made ears ring and was flinch inducing after a short time....