Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree697Likes

Thread: Self isolation gun projects

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    I am never short of gun projects but I will be spending the next few months completely repowering and modifying my '46 Chevy Fleetmaster (250HP modified 250 cubic inch inline 6, TH350 auto trans, Camaro 10 bolt rear end, lowered, 15" wheels, front discs, power brakes, electric assisted steering). I am just starting the dismantling process now after having finished rebuilding the engine. It will still look like a standard Fleetmaster but perform up to modern standards.
    i have to build a wiring loom for a mates truck. 53 chev pickup. motor is on order from the usa.
    527 cubic inch with twin turbos. if it aint enough hp he wants nitrous installed.
    hate to think of the fuel bill !
    veitnamcam and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    You have some very cool stuff Gundoc, I see you have/had a Corvette just a while ago to, nice also !
    Thanks Scout. I sold the Corvette to Auckland a week ago to give me garage space for the '46 rebuild. I still have a '91 GMC pickup as a useful toy!

Way cool Gundoc, I wish I was a better mechanic/Panel-beater, there are so many cool old cars & trucks, I found some great trucks in SA, a nice 48 Bonus in drive around condition but no papers for one.

But I think i'm going to find a Willys Overlander truck, not worth a lot of money right now & cool to me.

gonetropo, again cool truck, one of my favourites is the '55 but heck sell the farm for one of those !!

Funny on your buddies horse power, I had a mate with a Ford lightning, I think 400Hp & 150 mph, super charged & he told me he wanted more power & was going to twin turbo & Nitrous it
    I said heck that would be too much HP !! he kind of blinks & said he should slap me as there is no such thing !!!

Just finished two Stevens 44 1/2 firing pins

Still have to hear treat them.
    But need to go out this afternoon and shut down my work until when ever

Name:  20200323_121633.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  936.5 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.

Heat treat !
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Russian 22 interesting
    Doesn't seem to be online? probably such a small amount it doesn't make it. Might give them a ring and see how much they want to rip me off. Don't want to spend a shit ton on a potentially naff barrel
    Was just sitting in the miscellaneous specials box next to the entrance.
    csmiffy likes this.

Thanks Scout. I sold the Corvette to Auckland a week ago to give me garage space for the '46 rebuild. I still have a '91 GMC pickup as a useful toy!
    A bit of a link with you Gundoc - ‘er indoors recently imported a ‘86 GMC Grand Sierra, some of my ‘isolation time’ will be spent getting it towards being vinned . (Not a five minute job and involves sourcing suitable parts)
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    @grandpamac so what are you going to do after this week ?

You will need more jobs than that
    For you akaroa1 that may be true but for me, counting down the weeks to my 71st birthday, it is more like a lifetimes work. Making the list was helpful and focused my thinking on what to do next. What do you think John Browning would have thought of your Hornet? I think he would have been impressed.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    A bit of a link with you Gundoc - ‘er indoors recently imported a ‘86 GMC Grand Sierra, some of my ‘isolation time’ will be spent getting it towards being vinned . (Not a five minute job and involves sourcing suitable parts)
    The only thing involved in vinning mine was getting the headlights sorted for the left side of the road (new bulbs and a fair bit of adjustment of the lens position).

I am never short of gun projects but I will be spending the next few months completely repowering and modifying my '46 Chevy Fleetmaster (250HP modified 250 cubic inch inline 6, TH350 auto trans, Camaro 10 bolt rear end, lowered, 15" wheels, front discs, power brakes, electric assisted steering). I am just starting the dismantling process now after having finished rebuilding the engine. It will still look like a standard Fleetmaster but perform up to modern standards.
    A nice inline 6 will be smooth as
    rewa likes this.

The only thing involved in vinning mine was getting the headlights sorted for the left side of the road (new bulbs and a fair bit of adjustment of the lens position).
    similar issue on imported french cars. they dip vertically straight down not to the left or right

If only it was so easy!
    New idler arm, brake hoses, rear brake shoes etc etc
    Still, like guns it’s a passion!
    csmiffy and rewa like this.

If only it was so easy!
    I find LMC Truck good to deal with, good range of stock, reasonable prices and quick delivery.
    Finnwolf likes this.

If only it was so easy!
    Piece of weeze
    If you were local and we weren't all in isolation I'd give you a hand
    Finnwolf likes this.

Hmmm - here goes . . .

- replace sear spring in Miroku 1885 "Low wall" single shot (everything on the web says its a fairly daunting task to reassemble)

- make "AR ergonomic" stocks up for the Lee Enfields I'm converting to "Modern Sporting Rifles" - I have 3 or 4 on hand in varying degrees of completeness and barrel condition, I'll probably shoot them all before I spend a lot of time on the conversion, so quite a bit of shooting required on that basis alone

- maybe build a "proper" backstop for my range here at home (its a 22RF one only)

And that's just the beginning, I'm ready to be egged on and lead astray by various ideas that come to light . . . .
    Mangle and csmiffy like this.