Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 11 Post By Fssprecision
  • 1 Post By No.3
  • 1 Post By AR7
  • 1 Post By Snap 4T
  • 1 Post By Fssprecision
  • 1 Post By Ranger 888
  • 2 Post By witchcraft
  • 1 Post By Fssprecision

Thread: Suppressed Lever Action

Suppressed Lever Action

So here you go everyone, following my question regarding what do Pig hunters want, I had a fair bit of interest in an idea for a cut down, suppressed lever action.

To that end I got a brand new Citadel and did exactly that, you can see it has been cut down (still over legal min length), re threaded and mag cut down accordingly.

From there I also got a new Sonic suppressor and modified that to have a rear reflex chamber and make it over barrel.

It really has turned out to be a great little gun and even with all the bling bits (added for the photo) only weighs in at 2.9 kg

This one is in 357 mag so can also run 38 special and I believe they also make the Citadels in 44 mag.

The first of a few I think, so if you are interested, best to contact me via email fssprecision@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    tetawa, Bill999, 300CALMAN and 8 others like this.

I can see that being handy over dogs, also have a use as a close range homekill-type device for sorting animals in the yard.
    Fssprecision likes this.

AR7
    Hey Mate
    you need to wag time off from the workshop and do a tad of testing
    Workmanship on this project looks good as ever
    Cheers
    Fssprecision likes this.

Looks good
    if you can suppress BL-22, I'm keen.
    Fssprecision likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap 4T View Post
    Looks good
    if you can suppress BL-22, I'm keen.
    Couldn't really do it as removing the mag tube to reload would interfere with the suppressor.
    Snap 4T likes this.

Nice,nice,nice!
    Fssprecision likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fssprecision View Post
    Couldn't really do it as removing the mag tube to reload would interfere with the suppressor.
    Interesting idea tho. When you think about it you could set up a slide spring instead of extending out the end. So it'd have a slot and push bar. It'd be different for sure.

Nice work. What is the magazine capacity?

Yea I guess like Henry..mmmmmm something to think on.

So pardon my ignorance: but did you shorten the tubular mag & hide it under the forend or is it used now as a single shot? ( No photo to show whats happened to the tubular mag) Ive been thinking about this for say a marlin 45/70 with a normal mag capacity of 5-6? If you go noisey with the 45/70 & super loads : 3-4 shots should sort out the animals & shoulder 95% of time . The rest of the mag capacity is either not needed or adds to the carry if you have it full. Of course then; extra length of " unneeded " mag makes a supresser length out the front of the lever action a pain which almosts nullifys the reason of having a fast pointing leveraction in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Avopik View Post
    So pardon my ignorance: but did you shorten the tubular mag & hide it under the forend or is it used now as a single shot? ( No photo to show whats happened to the tubular mag) Ive been thinking about this for say a marlin 45/70 with a normal mag capacity of 5-6? If you go noisey with the 45/70 & super loads : 3-4 shots should sort out the animals & shoulder 95% of time . The rest of the mag capacity is either not needed or adds to the carry if you have it full. Of course then; extra length of " unneeded " mag makes a supresser length out the front of the lever action a pain which almosts nullifys the reason of having a fast pointing leveraction in the 1st place.
    on this 94 I shorted the mag tube to 4 rounds(plenty enough) safer for the dogs hearingName:  20231119_091935.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  2.39 MB
    Bill999 and Sh00ter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fssprecision View Post
    its a 30 second job to unscrew a suppressor...reload mag,put suppressor back on..so 2 minutes total Vs ONE MINUTE...
    it certainly would stop mag innertube spring from jumping out n being lost LOL.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Avopik View Post
    Yes I cut down the tube mag as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanfish View Post
    Nice work. What is the magazine capacity?
    Takes 5 now
    Nathanfish likes this.