Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree785Likes

Thread: Various Knives

This lot has been a joy and a drama to do. 10 Chamois Hunter tribute knives with some beautiful Tasmainian Blackwood handles over curve backed buffalo horn bolsters on the 1084 blades in edge stamped and initialed sheaths. I had originally had the blades laser engraved, with the forum logo on one side and names on the other but they made such a mess or the job with no two logo's in the same location and names running off the spine of the knife so it was near two days to hand sand the blades again to clean them up back to the 1000 grt finish. It is way more difficult to do this when the handles are on than with bare blades but I made a leather protected holder to hold the handles that is wedge tightened and it works well but was a real dissapointment to have to do so. Phillipa from McLeay Jewellers & Engravers in Invercargill did a stunning job of traditional engraving to get them all done for me. I wont show the other side as the names are on there are private to the persons concerned. Hard to show all the logo's at the one time as the light and camera angle changes the sharpness but in person it is clear, crisp and really exacting in execution.

muzr257, Dreamer, kotuku and 8 others like this.

Always enjoy updates on this thread. Thank you for sharing your craft with us
    muzr257, Tahr, Ned and 1 others like this.
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

This 951 Belt knife is a new design prompted by a customer who had used a similar but much smaller knife and asked for this scaled up version with heavy thumb jimping for general use (skinning etc) and lighter forefinger jimping for when it is being used as a capping knife. The orange liners under the scalloped OD canvas micarta add a splash of colour to this otherwise very utilitarian knife and the 15* down horrozontal closed top sheath to keep it handy but out of the way.

A Chamois knife with these pretty spalted Karelian Birch scales on the 1084 blade is away to a lady hunter in Texas.

This Hunter Skinner with Wild Olivewood handle over Gabon Ebony curve back bolster in plain closed top sheath is away on the morning courier.

Dreamer, 57jl, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

An AH EDC with Tasmainian Blackwood and dark chocolate lanyard in a horrozontal Sheath.

#'s 960 and 961 ready to go
    A Chamois Hunter with brass bolster, an orange spacer and oak scales and a Tahr Hunter with scalloped OD canvas micarta over orange liners in a closed top sheath

A new pattern for me was this Loveless style from 5mm O1 steel, 416 stainless bolster, stainless corby bolts for the buffalo horn handle on the 4 1/2 in blade and weighs in at a hefty 11 oz. The honing steel is handled with a piece of sable horn.

Dreamer, Micky Duck and Scout like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff Knives View Post
    A new pattern for me was this Loveless style from 5mm O1 steel, 416 stainless bolster, stainless corby bolts for the buffalo horn handle on the 4 1/2 in blade and weighs in at a hefty 11 oz. The honing steel is handled with a piece of sable horn.

Checked out your website - beautiful knives. I see they are quoted in US Dollars, the bloody exchange rate is a killer at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    Checked out your website - beautiful knives. I see they are quoted in US Dollars, the bloody exchange rate is a killer at present.
    Thank you. US$ prices because the vast majority of my knives go off shore to numerous countries and this is the most understood currency to do that with. I do make some concessions for NZ
    hunters though.
    Tikka7mm08, 57jl and Micky Duck like this.

Worth every penny
    Bloody well love my knife given as to me as a gift
    It's fantastic
    Highly recommended
    Von Gruff Knives likes this.

Three away as prizes for the Gorge Road County Club Small Three Hunt competition.
    #1 is a Light Hunter with Camel Bone and G 10 liners over curve back buffalo horn bolsters.
    #2 is a 4X4 Hunter with dark walnut over curve back buffalo horn bolsters
    and #3 is an AH EDC with Mexican Sandlewood handles.

NRT, Tikka7mm08, Dreamer and 4 others like this.

A bearded chef in NitroV stainless with spilled milk acrylic.
    Pocket ranger with cross grained Karelian Birch crotch over curve back buffalo horn on the fireball stainless damascus blade
    Resin ivory on the ladder pattern stainless damascus K-tip paring knife.
    Ladies Boot knife with G10 ring pull and handle scales on the stone washed 1095 double edged blade in kydex boot sheath and with a leather leg sheath.

dannyb likes this.

going to some lovely red haired Colleen I guess?????
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    going to some lovely red haired Colleen I guess?????
    A lady in Minnesota who has been a long term customer with her husband who between them have over 25 knives over the last few years.
    Micky Duck likes this.