Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree785Likes

Thread: Various Knives

A Light Hunter with acacia over the 1084 blade having an inch of jimping with blaze orange snake knot lanyard in deep pouch sheath.

Dreamer and Swanny like this.

Have you got any dealers between Timaru and Gore? heading south tomorrow and would like to have a handle if possible.
    Cheers Muz

Elios Gun shop in South Dunedin and depending on what time you are going through you could stop in at my place in Lawrence
    muzr257, Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.

A Heavy Hunter away to go on safari next month for elephant tail. Aged Giraffe bone over cb buffalo horn bolster on the 1075 blade in closed top sheath with attached honing steel.

Swanny likes this.

A Mini Skiner away to a NZ customer to be forwarded on to a family member in Czechia so that is another country added to those where my knives have found new homes. maple burl with a little spalting over the CB Buffalo horn bolster and in an open top sheath. Initials on the sheath and name engraved on the blade.

NRT, Dreamer, 57jl and 1 others like this.

An EDC with aged giraffe bone over curve buffalo horn with stainless and black G10 spacers on the x pattern stainless damascus. A snake knot lanyard with silver rings and white bead will assist in retrieval from the edge stamped deep pouch sheath.

Some knives for a local customer with the handles from an old Totora verandah post he had. I cut, oven dried, and stabilised them for a handle that is not effected by varying atmospheric conditions with all having brass bolsters. There is a pair of 9 inch pro chefs, a pair of 8 inch filleters, a pig sticker, Tahr hunter and a Chamois knife. The pig sticker is in a deep pouch sheath with the Tahr and Chamois knife in horrizontal closed top sheaths.

shift14, Ranal, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

The knives are nice, but I reckon it's time to get back to that Lee Speed!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by makka View Post
    The knives are nice, but I reckon it's time to get back to that Lee Speed!
    I did do that the other day and have it sanded to 600grt. Have a load of firewood to put away tomorrow and then it will be filling the grain. Waiting for some more alkanet root to arrive so I can make more red oil for the first tone coats before I get to the finishing of it. Will be delivering it to the owner end of april so need to stay on it now to make sure to get it done in time for that.
    makka likes this.

Excellent. I will be interested to see the difference the alkanet makes to the colour.
    Von Gruff Knives likes this.

Sanded from the 120 grt through 320 and 600 and the first wet sand at 600. will do another at 600 and then go to 1000grt.

Had a box of long awaited handle blocks and scale sets arrive this morning

Red and Yellow Cedar burl

Amboyna burl

Tasmanian Blackwood with broken fiddleback.

Spalted Hackberry
    Ranal and Micky Duck like this.

The first of the knives with the new batch of spalted Hackberry away today. I love the way the colours and patterns remind me of the old time maps and globes. A Professional Hunter with the spalted Hackberry over curve backed buffalo horn on the 3/16 1075 HC blade and carried in the initialled and border stamped cross draw sheath

NRT, Micky Duck, diana2 and 2 others like this.

The second Professional Hunter with spalted Hackberry over curve backed buffalo horn in a plain pocket pouch sheath is on its way to a new home.

Micky Duck likes this.

A 1075 J T Ranger with scalloped OD canvas micarta in cross draw sheath
    and a 1084 Light Hunter with Totora handle and blaze snake knot lanyard in plain sheath.

Micky Duck likes this.