Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By faregame

Thread: ATN X Sight - BGHNZ Video

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar

ATN X Sight - BGHNZ Video

We lent a X Sight to BGHNZ for a play and shortly a review

Here is just some of the video of the first day's use

Select 1080p in the you tube settings

We'll get some better Night Video shortly of deer - but they where a long way away - can be sharper images than that
    Oh yeah its really windy if you wonder what the shakes are

Is it just me or does the night time video look like shit?

Hi Mark,

I filmed this video on Thursday after it turned up in the mail wednesday i think. To be fair most of the night mode filming is all out of focus (my fault) I was pretty green and should of taken a bit more time to learn how it all worked, rather than winging it. It was bloody windy to which didn't help. So while i agree the night mode footage isn't the best i blame myself rather than the scope and the reds were 400+ yards away i will get closer next time. The fallow are around 180-200yards but again very little in focus (my fault)

Cheers Ben

While I like the idea of the scope there seem to be a lot of people posting about the problems they are having with this scope.zero point shift,scope powering down while shooting.has this been sorted or are tan still working on it? Shame as I was looking to put something like this on a 300aac.

To be honest im not sure, I've only had the scope a few days and haven't had a chance to even mount on a rifle yet. I was hoping to mount to the .22 and shoot a few rabbits at some stage but I've been very busy. I believe there are new up dates coming soon that allow the crosshair to displayed when playing the video back. This video was filmed on a tripod mount rather than a rifle.

This is my video of night hunting - out to 435m at a hill across the paddocks - not shooting at that range, but you can see the fence line and actually the rabbit that was there.

I didn't give Ben a lot of time either - meant to be for Shot Show this week - but I've dropped that trip last night

Check out his Magazine - BGH MAGAZINE - Big Game Hunting New Zealand, The Home of New Zealand Hunting

There have been people talking about the crosshair moving off the screen, generally its misaligned mounts on the rifle (digital and thermal will show that up as they "aim" at the pixel rather than move the detector) - plus a lot of people have forgotten that currently the scope is doing 50x magnification - at that level even a tiny amount of difference will show up - it should have only been 18x - which a new update will put the maximum back to that level (I think a option to override it will exist) and the design allows the zoom to centred on the cross hair so they are changing it to that at the moment.

Because its a computer inside a how bunch of features are being released as well - a BDC is also being worked on

If the scope is mounted on a picatinny rail how can a misalignment occur?Why almost double the rrp price compared to elsewhere?

can be various reasons, the holes not straight etc - I've had that with a older rifle, only discovered it when I put a Night Force on it and found out the windage was all the way right - all scopes have some variation in them as well

They are $749 RRP from ATN, thats USD - so exchange rate, shipping, customs per shipment and GST all come to around $1250, so they are within $100 of the US price even after allowing for retailers margin, advertising, etc and we have a lack of volume (compared to the US) which means its can't be spread as far per unit.

Seems they haven't solved the issues with it yet,over twenty pages of un happy customers on Atn face book page,

yeah I've read that forum, a lot of them are repeats from a handful of people - out of many thousands of users out there - and there are plenty on the US forums that are saying actually it works fine, its a computer inside and there has been a couple of bugs, updates have fixed those and the cycle will continue along with more features as well go out and use it

Given the price point and what it is capable (far more than anything else like it) of its an amazing piece of gear

Here we have had 2 returns - first one, no fault was found; just someones concept of where the cross hair should be vs how digital (and thermal) works - actually it was very close to being perfect. they forgot it zooms to 50x and not the 18x its meant to - at that level even tiny amounts will show up - regardless a new update will centre the zoom around the cross hair.
    The second was the unit losing power under firing, once I fire it myself I will know - but it could be battery cap not tight enough or cheap batteries (not in this case) both have appeared in the states and mostly its those reasons for the issue

I must say that daylight footage is remarkably good quality !

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I must say that daylight footage is remarkably good quality !
    yeah its nice - 1080 at 30fps and 720 at 60fps
    Night is very good too - especially for its pricing
    The Rabbit and Cat at 110-135m in my is really nice - clear to see what you are looking at

The Night Master IR torch is very good - like all of those products the standard one is average - more IR more performance
    the Night Master can be changed to a 940nm light too - just unscrew the 'pill' - never bothered myself, but at least its a option (will have less range of course)