Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bagheera

Thread: Stalking the Seasons Round

Stalking the Seasons Round

Hi,
    Has anyone out there got a copy of this book they’d like to sell? PM me if you do. I’m after a copy with a good dust jacket.
    Thanks,

Gone but not forgotten
    I just saw a copy on facebook for sale for $194
    Plus postage!

Quote Originally Posted by ando2506 View Post
    Hi,
    Has anyone out there got a copy of this book they’d like to sell? PM me if you do. I’m after a copy with a good dust jacket.
    Thanks,
    He has a new book out , https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...1?bof=AoZbcQYB
    Pack out heavy

Have you read the new one? I've been trying to track down old hunting books, half for the knowledge and half for the nostalgia/history.

If there's any newer books that are worthwhile I'd be keen to know!

Giving "Tracking and Finding Deer in New Zealand" a read at the moment. It's very good, but is definitely a 'technical' manual -- informative, not exactly a ripping yarn. However it is definitely the most complete, up-to-date and readable book available on the subject with huge amounts of biological, biomechanical and behavioral evidence to back up its arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by veryfuturistic View Post
    Giving "Tracking and Finding Deer in New Zealand" a read at the moment. It's very good, but is definitely a 'technical' manual -- informative, not exactly a ripping yarn. However it is definitely the most complete, up-to-date and readable book available on the subject with huge amounts of biological, biomechanical and behavioral evidence to back up its arguments.
    Great. Sounds like the perfect volume to add to the growing collection. Might even make it into the prestigious "weighty books I insist on packing for a mission but don't read until I get home again" category.

Thats a colourful name youve got there. I wonder if people still use that mnemonic.

Ive always been deeply sceptical of getting useful information from animal prints. They always cross over many other sets when I try to follow them.

Roger Lentle’s qualifications for hunting are not so much medicine as years of experience and PhD in deer are they not ? He and Frank Saxton are masters of popular science writing and really opened my eyes to knowledge I wasn’t aware of. Red Deer in NZ a manual and Stalking the Seasons Round would surely stand a reprint and sell out real good.
    veryfuturistic likes this.