Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Ulrich Bretscher's SMOKELESS BLACK POWDER & HANDGONNE web page. Re-found!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    The favourite sweetener of the PLO in the Gaza strip
    Fascinating to see all that hatred fueling such creativity. Maybe they'd do better drinking it in some nice coffee glasses while watching the sunrise.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Pure-bred Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Fascinating to see all that hatred fueling such creativity. Maybe they'd do better drinking it in some nice coffee glasses while watching the sunrise.
    Maybe they'd do better if they didn't have one of the most well funded military Industrial complexes' jackboot on their neck enforcing the unlawful occupation of Palestinian territory.

It's like the school jock beating on a nerd. A completely stacked "fight"
    Quote Originally Posted by 308
    not smart enough to be useful
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Maybe they'd do better if they didn't have one of the most well funded military Industrial complexes' jackboot on their neck enforcing the unlawful occupation of Palestinian territory.

It's like the school jock beating on a nerd. A completely stacked "fight"
    Yes, you do get what I talk about. Hating so much you continue a futile fight, passing it on to your children too.

And the nerd keeps on going back to that fight. He has Isbergerlam syndrome and so has only one tune in his whistle when it comes to Jews.
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Pure-bred Mutt
    Yes, you do get what I talk about. Hating so much you continue a futile fight, passing it on to your children too.

And the nerd keeps on going back to that fight. He has Isbergerlam syndrome and so has only one tune in his whistle when it comes to Jews.
    I don't have much time in my life for hate. Conscientious direction of the other, though.

Palestine "go back to the fight"??? for THEIR land... as opposed to what? capitulate and accept genocide from the zionista?

Perhaps your memory doesn't go back past, what, 1917? When Israel didn't exist...
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

I don't have much time in my life for hate. Conscientious direction of the other, though.

Palestine "go back to the fight"??? for THEIR land... as opposed to what? capitulate and accept genocide from the zionista?

Perhaps your memory doesn't go back past, what, 1917? When Israel didn't exist...
    Palestine was a roman name, used for a larger region than ancient israel, including what we call jordan now for example. Funny though that jordan has not been that accommodating of arab palestinian refugees.

Have you considered that Jews have lived in that country for thousands of years? Call those Jewish palestinians. Jews also lived throughout the middle east but were expelled, or should we say inspelled, to Israel and were accommodated. Arabs that moved the other way were deliberately non-assimilated into their destinations to keep the issue / the hatred alive. If you watch Al Jazeera you may there learn some extra facts about the plight of Palestinians in the Lebanon for example. Palestinians in the Lebanon are not allowed to own real estate. So, sure, there is a Palestinian arab issue, but it's as much palestinian arabs vs other arabs as palestinian arabs vs the all-powerful Zionistas.

Being back to those Israelis, they make great stuff, be it cool qualiware guns to rockets to tanks and medical hardware, let's at least agree on that. (-:

Name:  Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_188th_Brigade_Training_Day,_March_2008-cropped.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  2.21 MB

Yup. The hay from barns is an easy source, pre soaked in horse/cow piss.
    You can of course grow your own.

Urine also used in tanning fish skins.
    Amazing now how much time, effort and enrrgy society spends "dealing with waste" what was once considered a resource...
    As an aside, waaay back in pre Charles Dickens days small children used to collect dog poo to rub into leather to soften it..a great job if you were nursing a hangover from hell!
    Cordite likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Pure-bred Mutt
    Palestine was a roman name, used for a larger region than ancient israel, including what we call jordan now for example. Funny though that jordan has not been that accommodating of arab palestinian refugees.

Have you considered that Jews have lived in that country for thousands of years? Call those Jewish palestinians. Jews also lived throughout the middle east but were expelled, or should we say inspelled, to Israel and were accommodated. Arabs that moved the other way were deliberately non-assimilated into their destinations to keep the issue / the hatred alive. If you watch Al Jazeera you may there learn some extra facts about the plight of Palestinians in the Lebanon for example. Palestinians in the Lebanon are not allowed to own real estate. So, sure, there is a Palestinian arab issue, but it's as much palestinian arabs vs other arabs as palestinian arabs vs the all-powerful Zionistas.

Being back to those Israelis, they make great stuff, be it cool qualiware guns to rockets to tanks and medical hardware, let's at least agree on that. (-:

Attachment 152407
    I suspect neither of us will change our minds. And this is possibly a discussion better had over beers around a fire.

There is no "ancient Israel" Jews haven't lived anywhere for thousands of years. The Jewish religion didn't exist until c~ 400BCE. Read Mitchener's "The Source"

Etymologolically: is-ra-el is an egyptian construct of the names Isis, Ra, and El. And so predates monotheism by a long, long way.

The irony of you telling me to watch TV, next to your signature, is just brilliant.

Palestinians have been made stateless. They're required to carry papers if they want to travel (stop me if you've heard this one before...) but cannot be "citizens" and so have no "rights" under "law"

Plus, have you seen the fucking wall??!

Balfour Declaration. Palestinian Mandate. Look it up.

And I boycott all Israeli products, as far as I'm aware. Will not support HP, Intel, Cat etc etc etc.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

@mimms2

Groucho said it, I am but his imperfect follower! (-: He heh.

I admire your fortitude in boycotting everything Israeli, but if consistent one should really boycott China too, given they annexed the Tibet just a couple years out from the announcement of Israel and have a generally atrocious record re human rights. But at least they are better at making victims disappear and not turn up on BBC World to complain about their lot.

Much scholarship became outdated with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, documents that were thought to be late compositions were found among the DSS dating several hundred years BCE in some cases. Even older, the Hinnom scrolls were from the pre-exilic period (1000-600BCE), so whatever Mitchener based his 400BCE date on, even if a qualified guess he is since then shown to be demonstrably wrong, at least as far as Mosaic Judaism religion is concerned. Mitchener was not stupid, but just did not have the benefit of the Dead Sea scroll evidence, or the Hinnom scrolls -- all come to light of day since the 1960s when he wrote his novel. That said, Judaism has clearly changed over the years and there is no doubt the Exile period was a period of consolidation and reflection within Judaism, so and the present form of Judaism is very much shaped in the Babylonian exile (cf. much of the Talmud, fatter then the entire bible as we know it), and at least in that way the 400bce date is correct insofar it was a watershed period for Judaism.

I've not seen that wall in person. Sure it's not a perfect solution, but the solution is shaped by the problem it solves. We both recall why they ended up having to build it after Ariel Sharon let the PLO back in from the Lebanon and elsewhere -- something he was criticised for, especially later when things turned nasty, intifada, etc.). But when Sharon did it I thought (and I still do) that he did the right thing by them.

Pure-bred Mutt
    I do (insofar as possible) boycott china.

400 was my number, not Mitcheners. That should have been seperate point.

The "solution" eh. Final solution...
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

I do (insofar as possible) boycott china.

400 was my number, not Mitcheners. That should have been seperate point.

The "solution" eh. Final solution...
    Yep the Endlosung / final solution was not the one they chose for their enemies. Not universally reciprocated of course.

Can we get back on track? This conversation has blown the thread way off track��
    Micky Duck and Cordite like this.

1 plastic 2 3/4" hull...primer 1 1/8th oz scoop of black powder,steel shot cup wad without slits and same 1 1/8th oz scoop of lead shot...so following old rule of same quantity shot and powder...crimped down
    AWESOMENESS......BIG cloud of black smelly smoke ,stuff all recoil and it patterns tighter than a tight thing due to lower velocity and unslit wad....