Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Avopik
  • 1 Post By Avopik

Thread: 2209 Swap

2209 Swap

H iya : Swap 2209 or 2206H for equivilant 2207 if anyone interested ,have an unopened 1 kg 2209 or less happy to trade for load development
    Last edited by Avopik; 23-07-2023 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added powder

I have about 3.5kg of 2207 I don’t want

Hi Empire Safaris; does it suit you then to swap 1kg 2206H or 2209 for 1kg 2207? i would like to try some 2207 for the 45/70 Super loads . We mainly run Red Dot for the sub loads in it but would like to try some heavy hitting loads in it as well & 2206H ends up being too compressed for my liking .

I hoping to sell the lot, could swap for 2209

Banned
    @Avopik I am interested in your sub loads with red dot and their accuracy with different projectiles.
    Funnily enough just this morning I organised some IMR 4198 which is much the same as 2207 to try with 500gr cast pills. Start loads are around 27 gr for 1250 fps. I thought I would try 24 - 25gr for sub. Have been using AP70N which is similar to Unique with 400's

Hi Moa Hunter: been using a few subloads ; Rifle: single shot Begara 18" ? barrel DPT supressor with extra baffle , Brass: Hornady or Starline ( just adjust crimping/seating depth accordingly, once fired factory hornady shorter) Primer; Winch Large rifle Primer Powder ; Red Dot 12.5 gr for Jacketed Sub-X,s 11gr for Delta Mikes Black Hard cast 405 for getting zreo close & plinking . Dacron filler Bout a square thumb nail size ( either from an overstuffed pillow that wife doesnt know about or an offcut from an upholsterer). Of course , Check & recheck concentricity of bullet holes in the target paper before going suppressed. Other powder ( burns cleaner but less in case is Hodgdon titegroup 10.5 grains . Google ; "Lever Gun Peformance Studies " for lots of written data & graphs on multiple " shotgun" powders for sub loads for the 45/70.
    Have been crimping all loads . ( probably not necessary in single shot. ) Have Fun
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Couldnt work out how to load photos of the load development targets i have in a folder: but 3 shot groups range from half a matchbox to a matchbox in size @ 50m ( .5 to 1 moa ) . Considering the power of the impact of a 400 + gr projectile ; this is more than i hoped for . With the 45 cal Sub X,s reds usually run Nowhere to bout 15m depending on bullet placement ... pungas & supplejack dont seem to matter so far :-) Recoil is very pleasent considering
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Morning Empire Safaris; whereabouts in Waikato are you ? Closer to Cambridge than Tauranga? ( my son lives in Cambridge & can take the 2209 to you from there if that’s closer. He’s in Tauranga today so can grab it from cabinet.)