Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best .22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    I use cci std for hunting. Did a test with the slazenger yesterday win 333 good enough for possum shooting, rem goldens good enough for possum shooting aquila slightly better than the first 2, cci std real good 12mm sized hole gecco semi auto even better 10mm sized hole, some really old rws hp the best <10mm hole . These were 7 shot groups cheap gun cheap scope and mounts prone off a bipod in a paddock at 50m. the first 2 were still good enough to head shoot possums at 50m...
    I used to use it for hunting but after a few too many unplesant experiences stopped.

For hunting use I've found the Eley 38gr HP Subs to have by far the cleanest kills and the most accurate of the hunting ammo I've tried.

Hi,
    22rf's are notorious for being picky for best accuracy. 2 identical rifles can be best with different ammo.
    The large bucket's off ammo are notoriously poor quality. not ideal for much other than possums if you are standing at the base of the tree or short range plinking with kids.
    I'm a fan of all the Eley ammo, and the large HP 38gr subsonics. The 42gr 1250fps loads also pack a punch for a 22rf.
    Previously I have brought from here, but currently they don't look like they have much in stock. They will email when shipments come in.
    https://www.shootingstuff.co.nz/

Otherwise buy say 3 different types of CCI and say S&B as well and set up a target and take your time shooting some groups.

Treakle 13: text me for some information you may find useful. 0274791855.

CCI Target or Norma tac seam to both work well in my 10/22 and CZ 452 you get the odd flier but for the price they are good . i will never use BPR again had multiple dud rounds that never fired and even had 2 squib rounds that got stuck in barrel .