Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 3 things you never lend out....

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Never ever lend out your firearms, car, wife or chainsaw
    The only one I haven't lent out in that list is the Mrs.

I'm with Savage1, a firearm is just a tool and I'm happy lend them out to someone with a FAL provided they show it. I even lent out my new centrefire that had only been sighted in. Came back blooded on tahr.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I would happily give out (and have) some guns to close friends, and used some of theirs in turn.
    Just was very iffy about giving it out to this person. I trust this person, but the law is the law. They want to get their FAL, so as was said by a post in this thread, get off your arse and do it.
    Dougie likes this.

Agreed 2gnscib
    $120 , 20min test that ud have to be thick as pig shite to fail, and a few weeks and you have yourself a FAL. Not that keen if they cant handle that.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

You did the right thing, he hasn't got a FAL & unless you are there to directly supervise him you could both be prosecuted & you would lose your licence, it's happened before, the law is quite clear about it.

Direct supervision means one gun between the two of you, this is generally poorly understood.
    Dougie and Scouser like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I lend my rifle out to people with a FAL. They're a tool to me and they're hardly fragile.
    That's no way to talk about your mates! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Savage1 and mikee like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

1 - Underpants

2 - Creditcard

3 - Dog

When I think about it my wife controls all of those things , so I guess I'd better add her to the list .

Ken
    gadgetman, Dougie and Scouser like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

res
    You did the right thing by saying no!

Not to say never to lend a rifle out, tho some posters will have read my recent tail of woe for having done so-not legal but damage.
    Using Tapatalk

if there are 2 hunters but only one fal then there should only be one gun involved you are not allowed to shoot and supervise at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by 2gnscib View Post
    1. Chainsaw
    2. 4x4
    3. Firearms

A person I know who is not a hunter, but was going on a hunting trip with work mates wanted to borrow a rifle for the trip.
    Person works with firearms every week (NZDF) but doesnt hold a FAL.

Person said to me, that because his mates have FAL and will be carrying rifles, it will be fine that I lend one of my toys out.
    However, correct me if I'm wrong, person can use a firearm with a FAL supervisor, but supervisor must not carry, and be within arms length for the "direct supervison" to be applied.

I ofcourse, did not lend out any toys, mainly because I dont lend them out unless its someone I know in my hunting group who might be range testing etc.
    Secondly, because as I understand it was illegal.
    Questions would have be raised about transport to the location where they were leaving from. Assuming 'person' was going to drive themself to the location, what questions would be asked by the Fuzz had 'person' got pulled over or had a traffic accident or vehicle was stolen etc.

I had texted two close hunting buddies about this, and they agreed that I had done the right thing.

Thoughts?
    What would you do?
    i fixed it for ya

Tools are the worst. I have lent out expensive socket sets and hex key sets only to have them come back missing / filled with dirt. Never again.

Don't lend your:

Wife/girlfriend
    Dog
    Firearms

Not necessarily in that order of importance......
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.