Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 300 Blackout Fired In 223

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I know of a Thompson encore .223 that had a .222 round accidentally fired through it out of a new box of shop bought .223 ammo. Needless to say the shop/ammo manufacturer swiftly replaced the heavily damaged rifle with minimal fuss! Incredible the forces present in such a small cartridge.
    I'm sure I recall someone on here saying they did that for years back in the times when deer cullers were moving from .222 to .223, someone shot hundreds of deer with left over .222 cartridges in a rifle chambered for .223. Eventually caused problems, but not for quite some time. Not something I would try!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Well at 53yrs old I just measured & found out that my Dads old French Double gun. Has 2 9\16 inch (65mm) Chambers. I was 14 the first time I chambered two 2 3/4 inch (70mm) shells in it and bowled my first ducks......And have done so for many years.....Just like my Dad had done for 50yrs.....

Quote Originally Posted by 35whelen View Post
    Well at 53yrs old I just measured & found out that my Dads old French Double gun. Has 2 9\16 inch (65mm) Chambers. I was 14 the first time I chambered two 2 3/4 inch (70mm) shells in it and bowled my first ducks......And have done so for many years.....Just like my Dad had done for 50yrs.....
    if you can find rolled crimped shells you should be fine.....sounds like you have been up till now anyhow..... just to see ...the other day I put a 3 1/2" shell in the old 2 3/4"U/O Bakail...AND SHE SHUT !!!!!!!!!!! so tried another 3 1/2" that was squarer across the crimp and definately wouldnt.... just goes to show not all shells are the same...rio make a 3" round thats roll crimped and folks been using them for years in 2 3/4" guns...same with buckshot loads.

Perhaps that's why they stamp numbers on cartridge cases?

The combinations are endless to catch the unwary out. One that catches many out is 20 gauge in a 12 gauge drops into front of chamber and 12 gauge behind it blows gun.Old pig hunters used 303's in 410 shotgun as a bail gun with not much drama.Obviously expands and pressure is low. Somebody fired a 7.62x39 in a 7x57 recently,not a good idea.