Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Aftermarket R93 and R8 Barrels – Major Safety Concerns

I have owned remingtons so I am allowed to not like them...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I'd own a Blaser over a Rem any day. I own both. The Rem is a cunt of a thing to get to anywhere near what the Blaser is off the shelf.

Oh and the Blaser action will hold anything a 2 lug Rem700 ever will.
    Thanks for that, the funniest thing I have read in years

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Thanks for that, the funniest thing I have read in years
    So your business is a load of snake oil then Greg? Cause if it really was funny, an off the shelf Rem would not have 400 billion optional aftermarket parts.
    Savage1, R93 and stug like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

So your business is a load of snake oil then Greg? Cause if it really was funny, an off the shelf Rem would not have 400 billion optional aftermarket parts.
    At least the 400 billion aftermarket Remington parts are affordable, and available from almost any "chemist". I own neither brand by the way.

I did look at an F3 but decided it would make no difference to my shooting. 2 of my mates use em but I don't like either of them and would rather have a Browning or Beretta and keep the change. Not to mention I could buy aftermarket bit from more than a single supplier/importer.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    At least the 400 billion aftermarket Remington parts are affordable, and available from almost any "chemist". I own neither brand by the way.

I did look at an F3 but decided it would make no difference to my shooting. 2 of my mates use em but I don't like either of them and would rather have a Browning or Beretta and keep the change. Not to mention I could buy aftermarket bit from more than a single supplier/importer.
    For more than 1 caliber option the R93 platform becomes pretty affordable actually. There are more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to supplier options too. I stopped buying from the local agent years ago.
    The price argument is a bit weak with respect though. Its like saying Ladas are good cars cause they are cheap?
    The only Blaser aftermarket parts I know of (other than accessories) are the Bix n Andy triggers. Kind of says something?
    Kinda getting well off topic though.

I knew this was a shit thread from the get go.

FYI Id shoot no better with an F3 too, a Baikel would still be too good for me when it comes to smooth bores!

The price argument is a bit weak with respect though. Its like saying Ladas are good cars cause they are cheap?
    The original post read like a "Sales Pitch" more than a "Safety Notice"

I have been to and lived in USSR for 7 months. Lada's are bloody good cars they were the only one's that survived.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

For more than 1 caliber option the R93 platform becomes pretty affordable actually. There are more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to supplier options too. I stopped buying from the local agent years ago.
    The only Blaser aftermarket parts I know of (other than accessories) are the Bix n Andy triggers. Kind of says something?
    Kinda getting well off topic though.

I knew this was a shit thread from the get go.

FYI Id shoot no better with an F3 too, a Baikel would still be too good for me when it comes to smooth bores!
    I agree this thread kind of seems like a beat up from the start .
    I will put all of my cards on the table .
    I got my firearms license in the mid 1980's , in that time I have owned numerous brands and different calibers , you name it , I've probably owned it .
    Now in 2013 I have sold off most of my meager collection of firearms and own a shotgun a F3 Sporter , a centerfire R93 7mm Rem Mag - .223 Rem , rimfire Walther and Anschutz .
    Why have I whittled it down to just a handful of options ?
    Because what I own now works with the minimum of fuss and bother , without having to send things to gunsmiths and without the unknown "what if's " of home improvement .
    My firearms work , and they work the way the factory made them to work , they work the way that experts of the firearm industry designed them to work , not the way that marketing gurus think it works , not the way the factory wished and hoped they would work , one day in a make believe Never Never Land .
    In my line of work I own many tools and different types of equipment .
    My firearms requirements are no different .
    They must do their job without excuses .
    It's why I own Snap-On sockets and Sid-Chrome screw drivers .

Ken
    kokako likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

I'd own a Blaser if there was an option for detach mags that wasn't the worst in existence

Its not that bad... haven't heard of anybody who has lost one... the trigger is still excellent, and to be honest I actually prefer taking the trigger and mag away from the rifle and leaving the bolt in it when making safe or storing. The fire control/bolt assembly has slide rails that extend from the body and in my view are considerably less robust that the equivalent bolt in a conventional rifle. It is preferable to leave it in the rifle, hence the detach trigger/mag isn't a bad idea.

To remove the trigger mag both sides have to be squeezed at the same time, making accident loss unlikely unless not properly inserted in the first place...

You can get a whole replacement unit easily enough and while dearer than most mags, bit over $400... not completely out of the question to have a spare carried as a quick mag change anyway...

$462 US for a second mag. I'm not worried about losing it, I just Don't Like It.

Cant help you with that

Well this is all looks very clumsy really.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

AB Precision
    Oh what happens when you are away hunting for the week......................

As you all might have click to what this is all about I can only say little due to me involving a lawyer.

*Yes it is one of MY receivers

*Yes I did the fit up of a barrel SUPPLIED

*The barrel in question has had more then ONE shot................

*The barrel in question IS NOT my 7mm Gonzo chamber (7mm-300 Blazer with shoulder pushed forward an 40 degree shoulder) it IS another 7mm-300 Blazer chamber that I had no part in the design an spec

*It IS NOT a headspace issue (spanners) WAS spaced 2thou on the supplied GO gauge

*The Receivers on both the R93 an R8 HAVE been pressure tested

*Stager sports had refused to email back after they raised concerns in a email 2 weeks ago, when I said I was happy to supply the information UPON THEM signing a confidentiality agreement, to no reply

*These receivers are not a overnight hair brain idea.....A lot of time an testing has gone into them with user safety taken as number one like any other job.

Happy to answer questions on here or any other method within reason due to taking the matter further some will not be answered
    I have nothing to hide or intend on hiding in this matter.

I is on the other hand quite funny reading through an seen the same people on the band wagon that just happen to know not a thing about these...................

Abe

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Oh what happens when you are away hunting for the week......................
    It's always the worst part of coming back to the real world after hunting ah? My phone went mad with work emails & messages as soon as reception kicked in....

Still, worth it for a week in the hills hunting Tahr & the odd coon...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    sneeze and tui_man2 like this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Always 2 sides to every story, hope it gets all sorted soon Abe.