Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: ARMS OFFICE NEWSLETTER WAIKATO DISTRICT

So in short,

I want and AR15.....
    AO : ok sir and your reason...?...
    I hunt rabbits....
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    So in short,

I want and AR15.....
    AO : ok sir and your reason...?...
    I hunt rabbits....

I'm doing this very shortly, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Scouser likes this.

I want a pistol, for what purpose? To shoot paper and cuddle every now and then?
    Dougie, Scouser and steven like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I want a pistol, for what purpose? To shoot paper and cuddle every now and then?
    I reckon that's gay as. I would like to hunt with a pistol but since you can't I reckon its a waste of time getting a licence for one.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Yep so catch 22, B cat get all the hassles, C licence cannot shoot! And I don't have a police record
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep so catch 22, B cat get all the hassles, C licence cannot shoot! And I don't have a police record
    There's the answer, get a police record and then you can ignore all the rules and have what ever firearm you can get your mitts on. The Police wont know what you have so wont care. No background checks, no security to install, use it where you want, and you don't need to register it.

Laws only restrict the law abiding! Seems only the police don't see the irony!
    Toby likes this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    There's the answer, get a police record and then you can ignore all the rules and have what ever firearm you can get your mitts on. The Police wont know what you have so wont care. No background checks, no security to install, use it where you want, and you don't need to register it.

Always said the best way to own a pistol would be an illegal one, but I'm to old now for the repercussions. Seems silly an honest guy would think that way, sometimes the law is an ass
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Speaking on getting an E licence, what deals are there on 5+ Cat E safes? Looking on Trademe Edge want $900 for theirs, so I might as well get one from reloaders for the difference....at last I know it will pass E and I'll have someone's ear to bend....

regards
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    A policeman once said to me "we (public) are all guilty/criminals but some of us have not been caught yet." With attitudes like that its no wonder they have credibility issues.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    A policeman once said to me "we (public) are all guilty/criminals but some of us have not been caught yet." With attitudes like that its no wonder they have credibility issues.
    Bit of the Pot calling the Kettle black with the lastest headlines in the papers this week.

Seems it's getting quite common for Police officers to be outted recently.

Which is a good thing too.

Cheers
    Pete
    Ryan likes this.

They're like every other group in the country - human, and there's going to be bad apples in any group. Teachers who are alcoholics and kiddy fiddlers, taxi drivers who drink and drive, doctors who sleep with their patients, shooters who poach or buy ammo for their mate who doesn't have an FAL The list goes on.....

Would you be good enough to publish a correction to your newsletter; that will mean that NSA will not have to escalate the matter further.
    Oh god no ......
    P38 likes this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    They're like every other group in the country - human, and there's going to be bad apples in any group. Teachers who are alcoholics and kiddy fiddlers, taxi drivers who drink and drive, doctors who sleep with their patients, shooters who poach or buy ammo for their mate who doesn't have an FAL The list goes on.....

Oh god no ......
    Your not Wrong Kscott

One of the problems is no one faces up and says the truth, because of the PC brigade and somone may have their feelings hurt.I watched Q&A this am and I could scream.
    The truth hurts sometimes, but it's the truth.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Your not Wrong Kscott
    Yep but the Police's job is to enforce the laws as written, not to interpret them and act accordingly. That job is for the courts.

It seems with the Arms Act there is a whole lot of "interpretation" going on by everyone especially some of the AOs round the country.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Always said the best way to own a pistol would be an illegal one, but I'm to old now for the repercussions. Seems silly an honest guy would think that way, sometimes the law is an ass
    I really enjoy pistol shooting and see it as a great discipline. But do feel sorry for those who live so far away from a club to be able to join and commit to the required number of shoots per year-especially on joining and applying for your B as you need 12 shoots in 6 months to start with.

I would not like to see this rule applied to E cat shooters. I am lucky as I have my B and E and have clubs close by to enable me to participate regularly but for those far from the nearest club it does make it very unpractical to attend. I can see the Police future direction being that both B and E will require club membership which currently is not law for E but is on the Police wish list I am sure.

Why do the Police fear the so called MSSA when the endorsee has jumped thru all the hoops, security measures and been vetted and defined as fit and proper. The law abiding are not the ones the Police need to fear. It is sad they see us as such an issue.

I feel so much more safer in the bush or at a range around other firearm licensee's than I do down town on a friday night-why because the great majority of firearm owners are practical, polite and decent people who generally respect others.
    P38, roig, veitnamcam and 4 others like this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!