Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Caller Mike

"I could explain this to a Police Dog using biscuits"
    Best line ever
    cambo, Pengy, Gibo and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Wow never thought that I would hear an interview like that..... Good on him for calling out lies that have been presented in the past. Gives me hope that peoples attitudes could change.

Wonder how many people heard this interview?
    Well we just now need to see both him and Cahill on a program and you can bet your bottom dollar that produces will be lining up to get that one down on there cards view figures through the roof
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Bit of a comedian I think
    Well done Mike.
    res likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

The things I liked the most:

He was very positive
    He was able to quote where he got his figures from
    He kept it reasonably light weight
    He stated he was available to further discus
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The things I liked the most:

He was very positive
    He was able to quote where he got his figures from
    He kept it reasonably light weight
    He stated he was available to further discus
    Add to that, he was calm and polite, didn't get abusive, swear or yell.

Did an excellent job of putting into words what most gun owners are thinking and back it up with facts.
    It was great he was able to use examples where the Police and/or justice system has allowed offenders with firearms to get off with a slap on the wrist and show that if the Police really wanted to make a difference, there is a lot to be done before changing the law/making new laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Add to that, he was calm and polite, didn't get abusive, swear or yell.

Did an excellent job of putting into words what most gun owners are thinking and back it up with facts.
    It was great he was able to use examples where the Police and/or justice system has allowed offenders with firearms to get off with a slap on the wrist and show that if the Police really wanted to make a difference, there is a lot to be done before changing the law/making new laws.
    Yup. Stop phaffing about making changes (purely to be seen to be doing something and sensationalizing) and get on and fix the obvious bits that are broken and not working.
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

The thing that annoys me about all of this, is it is just smoke and mirrors. The real problem, is that our spineless judiciary and successive govts have failed to treat firearm offences seriously, but most of all, completely lack the spine to smash organised criminal groups which are flourishing on methamphetimine. I spoke to a frontline cop on the issues Cahill is bringing up. He remarked that he just laughed at the proposals on changing our gun laws. He said that the increase in firearm possession by criminals has directly increased relative to meth use and dealing and the govt is totally out of touch and unwilling to do anything about it other than the bollocks presented to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    The thing that annoys me about all of this, is it is just smoke and mirrors. The real problem, is that our spineless judiciary and successive govts have failed to treat firearm offences seriously, but most of all, completely lack the spine to smash organised criminal groups which are flourishing on methamphetimine. I spoke to a frontline cop on the issues Cahill is bringing up. He remarked that he just laughed at the proposals on changing our gun laws. He said that the increase in firearm possession by criminals has directly increased relative to meth use and dealing and the govt is totally out of touch and unwilling to do anything about it other than the bollocks presented to us.
    my ex boss was a meth user, he finally got off it and talked to me frankly about it. it pervades all levels of society and is readily available. its also 1/2 the price now it was 5 years ago as the gangs/dealers try to undercut each other.
    its a horrid evil drug, 1/2 the time he was using he was happy as hell, the other 1/2 paranoid and confused/violent
    Tuidog likes this.

A very well spoken man who presented himself well.

What scares me the most about Carhill,is that the head of an association that is supposed to represent law and truth instead lies to the Nation.In addition to which he pushes policies that will do nothing for the safety of the people he is trying to represent or New Zealand as a whole.

This gun registration idea is one that won't go away,it will always be on the back burner.
    veitnamcam, kidmac42 and outlander like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Wow never thought that I would hear an interview like that..... Good on him for calling out lies that have been presented in the past. Gives me hope that peoples attitudes could change.

Wonder how many people heard this interview?
    Not enough. But if we spread the word, maybe more will hear it.
    outlander likes this.

Have to agree with you on the interview there @gadgetman especially on his figures.

My only constructive criticism would be he spoke extremely fast. I know he need to do this to get as much info out in the small time window that he had. Also stops the interviewer from interrupting. But if he just slowed his words down a fraction then you would see that it comes across even better.

But man yes sir get that man on tv with Cahill hope the cameras show he's in a wheelchair we would win hands down, depending on the interviewer and the way the question are directed.

Just got the latest NZ Hunting mag you seem to be getting on top of the issues in NZ and being a lot more proactive
    The opposition party here in the UK has just posted there new animal welfare statement good help the shooters in the UK if they get in and implement any of this
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and Moutere like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    my ex boss was a meth user, he finally got off it and talked to me frankly about it. it pervades all levels of society and is readily available. its also 1/2 the price now it was 5 years ago as the gangs/dealers try to undercut each other.
    its a horrid evil drug, 1/2 the time he was using he was happy as hell, the other 1/2 paranoid and confused/violent
    aint no bloody fun trying to nurse em either when the boys in blue bring one in all trussed up and off their cotton pickin faces.had one recently but finally slapped a couple of needles in the jacksie which gave a free trip to sleep land after 96hrs of complete chaos!
    yup ima dab hand with 1 1/2"of 22g hollow stainless and i know of some wee liquids that are good for trips to dreamland.
    back on subject though can only agree-P is raging out of control and IME 75-80%start off on that delightful wee weed the "liberals'want legalised for recreational use.
    analgesia in terminal illness -100%-legalise that now.

Himmm if you want to smoke weed go for it but I don't want your passive smoke
    And I'm pritty sure my neighbors don't want there kids inhaling it either!!!!!!
    So fill an auto breather with and blown ya lungs out....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Himmm if you want to smoke weed go for it but I don't want your passive smoke
    And I'm pritty sure my neighbors don't want there kids inhaling it either!!!!!!
    So fill an auto breather with and blown ya lungs out....
    personally if people want to smoke weed i'm fine with it but it should be treated like booze and any impairment while at work or driving should be punishable and dont smoke it around me as i get horribly aggressive under its effects

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    personally if people want to smoke weed i'm fine with it but it should be treated like booze and any impairment while at work or driving should be punishable and dont smoke it around me as i get horribly aggressive under its effects
    The problem with that is there is no definitive test to say how much is in your system and whether you are OK to drive. Until that happens it would have to be a black and white ban on driving after smoking ANY weed. The current test is a positive /negative and is not like the booze where it can say your levels are "this much"